CodeProject.AI Version 2.5

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Rick

The Object Detection (YOLOv5 .NET) module should be using your iGPU. On CodeProject.AI Dashboard go to the module settings an Enable GPU. The License Plate Reader module does not support iGPU so this module will still use your CPU only

View attachment 186730
Mike,

Do you think I should uninstall the LPR module and reinstall it to see if the GPU option will show up?

Rick

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am getting No module "Paddle" does plate recon also need to install OCR or something like I'm having a python error:

19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: Traceback (most recent call last):
19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ALPR\ALPR_adapter.py", line 16, in
19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: from ALPR import init_detect_platenumber, detect_platenumber
19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ALPR\ALPR.py", line 19, in
19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: from paddleocr import PaddleOCR
19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ALPR\bin\windows\python39\venv\lib\site-packages\paddleocr\init.py", line 14, in
19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: from .paddleocr import *
19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ALPR\bin\windows\python39\venv\lib\site-packages\paddleocr\paddleocr.py", line 21, in
19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: import paddle
19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'paddle'

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am getting No module "Paddle" does plate recon also need to install OCR or something like I'm having a python error:

19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: Traceback (most recent call last):
19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ALPR\ALPR_adapter.py", line 16, in
19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: from ALPR import init_detect_platenumber, detect_platenumber
19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ALPR\ALPR.py", line 19, in
19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: from paddleocr import PaddleOCR
19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ALPR\bin\windows\python39\venv\lib\site-packages\paddleocr\init.py", line 14, in
19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: from .paddleocr import *
19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ALPR\bin\windows\python39\venv\lib\site-packages\paddleocr\paddleocr.py", line 21, in
19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: import paddle
19:45:27:ALPR_adapter.py: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'paddle'
It does not need the OCR module. It looks like it did not install fully. Try uninstalling the ALPR module then reinstall using Do not use download cache and Install verbosity Loud

1708222456262.png

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It does not need the OCR module. It looks like it did not install fully. Try uninstalling the ALPR module then reinstall using Do not use download cache and Install verbosity Loud

View attachment 186766
will try that now, the Object detection is working great so hope I can get this to work.
the error is a complaint about "PIL" for python but pillow appears to be installed:

21:14:25:ALPR_adapter.py: Traceback (most recent call last):
21:14:25:ALPR_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ALPR\ALPR_adapter.py", line 7, in
21:14:25:ALPR_adapter.py: from request_data import RequestData
21:14:25:ALPR_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ALPR\../../SDK/Python\request_data.py", line 8, in
21:14:25:ALPR_adapter.py: from PIL import Image
21:14:25:ALPR_adapter.py: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PIL'

22:05:35:ALPR: WARNING: You are using pip version 21.1.3; however, version 24.0 is available.
22:05:35:ALPR: You should consider upgrading via the 'C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ALPR\bin\windows\python39\venv\Scripts\python.exe -m pip install --upgrade pip' command
1708226739558.png

Last edited:

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
will try that now, the Object detection is working great so hope I can get this to work.
the error is a complaint about "PIL" for python but pillow appears to be installed:

21:14:25:ALPR_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ALPR\ALPR_adapter.py", line 7, in
21:14:25:ALPR_adapter.py: File "C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ALPR\../../SDK/Python\request_data.py", line 8, in

22:05:35:ALPR: WARNING: You are using pip version 21.1.3; however, version 24.0 is available.
22:05:35:ALPR: You should consider upgrading via the 'C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ALPR\bin\windows\python39\venv\Scripts\python.exe -m pip install --upgrade pip' command
View attachment 186770
It still looks to not being fully installed. Try one more uninstall the reinstall using the command prompt

• cd C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\modules\ALPR
  • ..\..\setup.bat

1708227284527.png

1708227440129.png

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

View attachment 186770
I cleaned up and started again, also this time I disabled some Ad blocking software I had running, I have it running but its using CPU instead of GPU but at least made some good progress.

what could I be missing that everything else uses Cuda but the alpr ?

thanks for the suggestions that was the trick.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I cleaned up and started again, also this time I disabled some Ad blocking software I had running, I have it running but its using CPU instead of GPU but at least made some good progress.

what could I be missing that everything else uses Cuda but the alpr ?

thanks for the suggestions that was the trick.
Your GPU is on the old side and having the latest CUDA 12.2 installed is one of the issues that the module is not using CUDA.
Did you ever have CUDA working with the ALPR module? We might be able to get it to work if we use an older versions of CUDA, cuDNN, and Paddle

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Your GPU is on the old side and having the latest CUDA 12.2 installed is one of the issues that the module is not using CUDA.
Did you ever have CUDA working with the ALPR module? We might be able to get it to work if we use an older version on CUDA, cuDNN, and Paddle
It worked before this last code project update like this morning was all good. Yes, this is an old GPU something I slapped into the Bi box.
Its possible when it did not work I started to update Cuda thinking that was the path, entire time it was just a bad install,
the cuda runtime I have installed is 11.8 should I try 11.7 ?

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It worked before this last code project update like this morning was all good. Yes, this is an old GPU something I slapped into the Bi box.
Its possible when it did not work I started to update Cuda thinking that was the path, entire time it was just a bad install,
the cuda runtime I have installed is 11.8 should I try 11.7 ?
From your System info you posted earlier it looks like you have CUDA 12.2 installed. To confirm which CUDA you have open a command prompt and run nvcc --version then post a screenshot of the results. For me it shows I have CUDA 12.3

1708229566195.png

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you ever have CUDA working with the ALPR module? We might be able to get it to work if we use an older version on CUDA, cuDNN, and Paddle
it was working prior to this last code project update, like this Morning was all good. My GPU is only 2 years old but yes its a 3090
From your System info you posted earlier it looks like you have CUDA 12.2 installed. To confirm which CUDA you have open a command prompt and run nvcc --version then post a screenshot of the results. For me it shows I have CUDA 12.3

View attachment 186781
1708229776809.png

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
it was working prior to this last code project update, like this Morning was all good. My GPU is only 2 years old but yes its a 3090
From the below post it show you have a GTX 970

View attachment 186783
Correct this box has a GTX 970, I was thinking of the device I am on here, but I have a 1080 I could install into this Bi box. My bad on the GPU comment,

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Correct this box has a GTX 970, I was thinking of the device I am on here, but I have a 1080 I could install into this Bi box. My bad on the GPU comment,
The 1080 should work fine

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The 1080 should work fine
not sure if you will be around but I'm going to Rob peter and pay paul swap out the GPU's the Esxi box does not need it not running any thing like I was back in the day. I did a GPU benchmark site and it states the 1080 is like 2x's more GPU than the 970. I am going to see if I can swap them out, will my current install KICK for the GPU or I need to get square on 12.2 ?

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
not sure if you will be around but I'm going to Rob peter and pay paul swap out the GPU's the Esxi box does not need it not running any thing like I was back in the day. I did a GPU benchmark site and it states the 1080 is like 2x's more GPU than the 970. I am going to see if I can swap them out, will my current install KICK for the GPU or I need to get square on 12.2 ?
Leave the current CUDA version you have.

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep perfect I got the card dam the 1080 is nice compared to the 960 I swapped that out with. I got GPU's everywhere LOL, ok lets see what this bi can do.

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
its 3/4 of inch longer than the 970 I can't win. going to see if its work unstacking the fans on the radiator.