Color Night mode

shaba

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a terrible question for me..
Dahua CAM's can use with IR and color mode during night?
Now i'm able to do this my zmodo and Blue Iris (see image)
But often it freeze, so i need to change it

I will always to use Blue Iris
Can someone help me?
THANKS!
Shaba

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, you cannot use IR in color mode. The reason is that any decent camera that has IR, uses an IR cut filter that does not allow IR to pass at in day mode.
If you camera sees IR light then the it does not have a filter and the daytime colors look bad. If you want color images, add some light with led light bulbs.
Get rid of that zmodo, the image is terrible.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, you have to realize that IR light is actually an extension into the "red" part of the color spectrum. That is, if a camera were to show the IR light in color, everything would be red. All your doing is going into day/color mode which blocks the IR light. If you turn the IR lights off, the image will look exactly the same because your camera is removing/filtering out any IR light.

shaba

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry but i don't understand very well what you're seying to me.
I don't know wery well Dahua Cam's but it seem's to me very good at nice price ;)
The only dubt i have is if could have simil color at night
If you see my picture i have a street good illuminated so i wonder if i can have the same possibility with Dahua cam
During night have not B/W picture but soft color mode
Look this: http://tinyurl.com/qevq2oe
This is Dahua IPC-HFW4300SDuring night i see color
There is some setting to do this?

Sorry me, a i'm a newbe :p
Thanks

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If there is enough ambient light then you can use the camera in day mode at night and have colour.

shaba

n3wb
Reaction score
And if i need i can force it to work with color?
But in this case IR still works?
With Zmodo it switch in automatic to night mode: it start IR and i see Black and White image.
At this time i click on color button (i made a script to do this in automatic), IR remain active and i see video on color.
(picture above)
Color night mode is very very good to me.
I set Blue Iris motion trigger to be set on "Color Only" and it is perfect.
As i say i need to change my zmodo only why it often freeze :/
Thanks again to help me :)

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not sure on the Dahua. But on the Hikvisions you can't have day mode and IR on.

As what others have said above cameras with IR leds usually have an IR cut filter. Like the Hikvisions and Dahua, when the IR comes on the IR filter moves out of the way. I'm not sure how IR will work with the IR cut filter still in place. So having both on would be counter productive.

Which zmodo camera do you have anyways?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
shaba;5016i9 said:
Zp-ibh13-w
That camera has an IR cut filter as well...It may be stuck though, post a day image photo. The cameras IR is not helping your image.
If you are running the camera wifi, that is what is causing the freezes...run a cable.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Doesnt look stuck..regardless the IR light is not helping your image...there is simply enough ambient light there...for good low light performance in day mode look at the 720p dahua cameras or maybe 2mp ...if you go to 3mp it will be way too noisy.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a ton of ambient light in his videos..that will not give you a realistic result..in your case you also seem to have lots of light so it may be ok...

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OP that Dahua video is with IR OFF, it's just because NCC's (rest his soul) place has a lot of ambient light.

Some Dahuas have better night vision than Hiks. I'm not sure which ones but you should give those a try.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What about one at night with IR off and camera in Day mode.
You have the patience of a saint MM. Glad you picked this one up instead of me :)

HDW4300C has incredible night-vision in dark areas for a 3MP
HFW2100 has incredible night-vision in almost pitch black

By incredible though, it's still no where near as good as day or Hollywood movies. This tech just doesn't exist.

Both are absolutely terrible if there is nothing to reflect the IR light back off (e.g. an open field).