Compatible USB BNC capture card

slowmod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've decided to move away from my 8ch hybrid nvr- 3 2MP cams and 4 analogs have the processor constantly pegged above 95% which is severely limiting its motion detecting ability.
that being said i am looking to go the PC route with the Blue Iris software, my only drawback is the dedicated pc i will be using is a small form fact HP Elite Desk 800 i5. this machine does not have the ability to add expansion cards, not even half-height. So that leaves me looking for a usb type capture device for the analogs. can anyone recommend a compatible card?

thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've decided to move away from my 8ch hybrid nvr- 3 2MP cams and 4 analogs have the processor constantly pegged above 95% which is severely limiting its motion detecting ability.
that being said i am looking to go the PC route with the Blue Iris software, my only drawback is the dedicated pc i will be using is a small form fact HP Elite Desk 800 i5. this machine does not have the ability to add expansion cards, not even half-height. So that leaves me looking for a usb type capture device for the analogs. can anyone recommend a compatible card?

thanks!
I dont believe there are any that work with blue iris...I would simply replace the analog cameras.

slowmod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the issue is two of the cameras are an underground run to a detached garage, in a fairly tight pipe. the other is one of those cameras along with another analog are fed into a 7" wall mounted screen in the foyer that gives the ability to press the source button to swithc between the driveway and the front door. this is something i really dont want to lose or have to run a separate camera for. I havent bought the software yet, trying to find out if it can do what i need first.
thanks!

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You could use an analog to ip converter. I used an axis 2400+ but have since transition to all ip. I was actually just going to list it on eBay of you decide to go that route.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, along the same lines as Zorac's suggestion, If you are not getting rid of the hybrid NVR, you can use that to to stream to blue iris. If you do replace the cameras you can still use a tablet or a android mini pc connected to your 7" display to view the cameras.

slowmod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
that axis seems to be exactly what i would need. the only question would be frame rate, is it fluid video? one of the eBay posts i looked at stated 6fps, which seems a bit too low. that is good that i can stream to the iris as well, that gives me an idea on someone else's system now.. on a side note from running through this forum and reviewing high processor usage posts i decided to check the iframe rates on my cameras, and though they were high and dropping them didn't make much difference i did discover that all the ip cameras were set to local motion detection. when i turned that off and the snapshot feature the processor usage on my hybrid dropped into the 60% range. that buys me some more time to research this

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
that axis seems to be exactly what i would need. the only question would be frame rate, is it fluid video? one of the eBay posts i looked at stated 6fps, which seems a bit too low. that is good that i can stream to the iris as well, that gives me an idea on someone else's system now.. on a side note from running through this forum and reviewing high processor usage posts i decided to check the iframe rates on my cameras, and though they were high and dropping them didn't make much difference i did discover that all the ip cameras were set to local motion detection. when i turned that off and the snapshot feature the processor usage on my hybrid dropped into the 60% range. that buys me some more time to research this
its been a while since i ran it, but i think i was around 3-4fps with all 4 channels running at 740x480. the less channels you use or if you use lower resolution, the higher the fps you can get out of it. its old tech, but it it works well like most axis gear.

a couple have use this with good luck, i can't speak to its performance though, maybe it does more fps?
http://www.amazon.com/Grandstream-GXV3504-IP-Video-Encoder/dp/B0027GL8P6

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.