Complete install

HKSone

n3wb
Reaction score
direct to disk should help substantially....ensure you did it for each camera..HA is a setting in blue iris..there is a sticky on how to optimize blue iris, read it..
Thank you, I went with your advice and adjusted everything after reading the optimizing blue iris sticky. I am now averaging around 65% usage which is a lot better than before.

On the other hand, after adjusting the record to direct to disc option i'm getting some ghosting effects but I minimized it by increasing frame rates. On one of the cams i'm still getting it once awhile so I'm thinking about turning off direct to disc on that cam.

Also with the gDMSS lite app on my android, I have problems with it not adjusting the pan/tilt/zoom, it says "unauthorize or no permission." I know my cams are not ptz but they should at least be zoom adjustable with the app. I am able to adjust focus and pretty much everything else. Do I need the gDMSS plus version?

HKSone

n3wb
Reaction score
The Blue Iris Android App is much better than gDMSS.
I am currently using older version of Blue Iris so i'm not able to control ptz. Which version of Blue Iris are you using? You're are able to control ptz on your sd59225 and optical zoom on your hdw5231?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI version 4.5.9.8.
PTZ works fine.
I don't use zoom on the 5231 other than when I installed the cam, it's not designed to be used on a regular basis.

HKSone

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess you meant the server case; it's a 2U server case that I used for the PC build. I got it on ebay and other PC parts all over amazon, newegg, frys, etc. The fans on it are super loud and it uses the older type power supply (pricey), so I recommend another case unless you don't mind the noise or you can swap out the fans like I did.

NORCO RPC-230 2U Rackmount Server Case 1 External 5.25" Drive Bays | eBay

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.