Computer specs

Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to have at least 2 dahua cameras. I have one camera now on my primary desktop. I want to have a second desktop just for the dahua cameras. What computer specs do i need?
will this be able to handle my needs
i dont plan on doing any remote access.
While it will work you are being ripped off. That pc is 9 years old and is worth at most 25 dollars. It will not run windows 11 in the future.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
While it will work you are being ripped off. That pc is 9 years old and is worth at most 25 dollars. It will not run windows 11 in the future.
anything i can get in that price range for a used box to run a few cameras? I just need to record and review footage

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Where can you find one with these specs for that price?
On ebay you can find many systems with much better specs for the same price of a few dollars more. A system with those specs can be had for 34 dollars just add your own drives. You dont want to start out with a 9 year old system. an i5-8500 system can be had for 150 or so. Its more efficient, more than double the power and 4 years newer.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
On ebay you can find many systems with much better specs for the same price of a few dollars more. A system with those specs can be had for 34 dollars just add your own drives. You dont want to start out with a 9 year old system. an i5-8500 system can be had for 150 or so. Its more efficient, more than double the power and 4 years newer.
i'll go look at the 8500 system, thanks

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.