Condolences to family, friends and fans of The Network Camera Critic.

Lockdown

n3wb
Reaction score
Apparently Carl, AKA Network Camera Critic has passed away.
I never corresponded with him, though I did spend several hours reading his reviews and shopped at his daughters store.
For a newbie like myself his website was like a beacon in the fog.

Thank you Network Camera Critic, for all that you do.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just noticed the announcement about the passing of Carl, and would also like to extend my condolences and best wishes to his family and friends.

I too am new around here, and have gained much useful information and insight from his work, which has been much appreciated.

mik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is sad news. His reviews were very helpful and it's surprising he's gone.

RIP

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
just picked up on this after digging through my emails.. so sad and unexpected :(

Your reviews were excellent Carl, I spent alot of money with total confidence because of your words.. the internet, once again is in desperate need of a Network Camera Critic.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unfortunately it now looks like the website is down, which is odd since they recently posted that someone was going to continue on with the reviews. Possibly the website fee came due and was missed.

Real shame, Carl's reviews were awesome, incredibly informative. Hopefully not now lost for good.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it now looks like the website is down, which is odd since they recently posted that someone was going to continue on with the reviews. Possibly the website fee came due and was missed.

Real shame, Carl's reviews were awesome, incredibly informative. Hopefully not now lost for good.
There was a post where someone mentions the business was sold - dont know if that is accurate....also if my memory servers me right, someone in this forum, maybe @nayr, mentioned that they saved the site just in case....

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't find his site until after the bad news, was a great site. I enjoyed reading things about cameras weather it was a camera I was looking to purchase or not.
It's like watching unboxing videos, I enjoy it.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like it is back up...

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Aw man...this sucks. He set a VERY high bar, I doubt anyone else will come close...happy trails, Carl!

solidstate

n3wb
Reaction score
I exchanged a few message The Network Camera Critic. He was extremely helpful. Very polite, professional, and knowledgeable. This is really a loss for our community.

n_camera_c

n3wb
Reaction score
just picked up on this after digging through my emails.. so sad and unexpected :(

Your reviews were excellent Carl, I spent alot of money with total confidence because of your words.. the internet, once again is in desperate need of a Network Camera Critic.
Hi Nayr,
Do you have a copy of the Network Camera Critic website? Or know if anyone in this community does? thanks

@fenderman posted: There was a post where someone mentions the business was sold - dont know if that is accurate....also if my memory servers me right, someone in this forum, maybe @nayr, mentioned that they saved the site just in case....

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
nayr has been gone from here for a number of years...

I too remember Carl. Was one of the first sources of info for me back in 2014?-2015

Last edited: