Configuration > Image > Video Adjustment > Capture Mode... What is it?

latropa

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using a Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I camera.

I've searched and found a few topics briefly discussing the Capture Mode setting but none of them provide any real clarity of what the purpose of this setting is.

I don't get how it's different from the resolution and frame rate that you can set under the Video/Audio section of the configuration?

Under Configuration > Storage > Schedule Settings > Capture and Capture Parameters you can enable snapshots to be saved based on timing and events. I thought it might have something to do with the resolution setting there but it doesn't. That capture resolution defaults to whatever resolution you have set for the main stream under the Video/Audio settings.

Does anyone know what the Capture Mode actually does? It defaults to "OFF" so I'll leave it at that for now.

The reason I'm even curious about it now is I'm having trouble getting this camera to email pictures of line crossing events and thought it might have something to do with that setting. I have a couple other 2032 cameras and I've set them up so I do receive emails with 3 attached images anytime someone/thing crosses the lines I've drawn but even though I've set this new camera up the same basic way it's not working for any smart line events. I do receive test emails from it when I try that out so I know I've set my email authentication up correctly. This new camera also records motion events to my NAS just fine so I don't know what is wrong with the line crossing.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I am curious about this too. What is capture mode?