Configuration screen missing

markjames

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got 9 or 10 Hikvision cameras so I'm pretty familiar with them. One of them, though, a DS-2CD2332-I, has lost it's configuration screen. I can log into it fine and the live view, playback and log menu choices work but when I click on configuration I get nothing. It's weird.

I even tried circumventing the menu choice by putting in ipaddress/doc/page/config.asp but I get a 404 not found error for that. It's as if the config page is gone off the camera

I can configure it from remote using ivms and I've downloaded the same firmware (5.3.0) and reinstalled it but it's made no difference.

Has anyone seen this behavior?

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The 'Batch Configuration Tool' is also pretty good for detailed configuration jobs, especially for any cameras with CN menus. Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
Worth trying maybe is a 'reset to factory defaults' on your oddball camera, in case there is some weirdness in the configuration affecting what's displayed.

markjames

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, Alastair. Unfortunately it didn't do it. The config.asp page is still gone after doing a restore to default.

Fortunately it's still configurable - but this is an aggravating little problem. I thought for sure that the firmware upgrade would put back all the web pages but apparently not. Maybe if there's a different firmware for it. I'll see if that's an option.

mark

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A slightly dumb suggestion, which you've probably already tried, and doesn't play to the fact that the other cameras are OK, would be to either try another PC (ie another browser instance without the same history), or clear the cache on the browser.
I have seen strange web pages after firmware updates across versions where the web structure has changed a lot in the design.

markjames

n3wb
Reaction score
Y'know what?

That worked!

It seems to be 'chrome' related. I tried it in IE and it worked just fine.

Thanks so much. I'll have to play around and see if I have something in my Chrome cache following me from computer to computer that's causing this as I've tried it from 3 different PC's - just always on Chrome.

Thanks for the help!

mark