Configuring Foscam 9900P with Hikvision DS-7104N motion detection

wpansani

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to configure the motion detection on the NVR but I had no success.

Using the Foscam app or connecting to the camera via browser I can see the events from the motion detection, but the NVR can't connect/configure the motion detection.

Onvif Device Manager can't connect to the camera to show the events, I got the message: The http request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'anonymous'

When I open the NVR configuration via browser and go to the motion detection setting, i got the message: The camera does not support the function.

The motion detection is enabled on the camera and the schedule time is set to all day.

Do you guys have some idea on what can I do?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Onvif Device Manager can't connect to the camera to show the events, I got the message: The http request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'anonymous'
That sounds like you have not given ODM the needed logon credentials - top left.

You won't get any motion detection on the NVR unless the camera generates ONVIF motion event notifications.
ONVIF Device Manager is a good way to test that, on the Events page.

i got the message: The camera does not support the function.
It might just mean that the ONVIF implementation in the camera does not support the configuration of motion detection.
That's not fatal if you can configure it in the camera web GUI.

wpansani

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response.

I had put the login credentials on ODM and I can see the live view (for example), but I searched on Google and looks like ODM doesn't support the Events with login credentials.

I don't know if my camera sends motion detection via onvif because I can't check it. I tried to create an account on the Foscam forum but I had no success (I'm stuck in the part to validate the numbers).

Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
ODM will show motion events if the camera actually generates them.

Not all camera onvif implementations support the generation of motion events.
If ODM isn't showing them - the camera is not generating them.