Conflict with two Cameras connected to Hikvison NVR POE ports.

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Late December 2020 I did posted about this conflict in the
“Initial review of the DS-2CD2347G2-L(U) ColorVu 2.0 IP camera”
thread as one of the cameras is a DS-2CD2347G2-L. From Andy.
In order not go off subject in that thread, have started this one.

@ EMPIRETECANDY
Andy are not suggestion that the DS-2CD2347G2-L camera is at fault here and will NOT be making any claim under warranty.
Over all this is a good camera with Acusense and four lines of intrusion /line crossing. Also it still fully usable and the fault may be with the NVR.

If you do have access to Hikvision support perhaps they could review the attached logs and advise what the conflict is and how to rectify. Hikvision will not support me direct.

“Now over to others with more expertise then I have.”

Hardware details are NVR DS-7616N1-12/16 V4.017 build 201124 Purchase Dec 2020 EBay
11 Hikvision 2342. 2335. 2345. cameras all connected via Plug/play to NVR POE ports.
3 off the camera are DS-2CD2335FWD-I on the same firmware.

Conflict cameras.
Conflict started first time DS-2CD2347G2-L was connected straight out of the box via plug play.
DS-2CD2335FWD-L V5.5.3 build 171025 Was on V5.5.51 downgraded as other 2335FWD are on that firmware without conflict.
DS-2CD2347G2-L 201124 Purchase Dec 20
Firmware used V5.5.134, V5.5.150, now on V5.5.160 Build 210209.
Camera MAC address are not the same.

Conflict details:-- With all other cameras removed, connect either of the above cameras to any NVR POE ports with Plug/Play.

Let’s start with the DS-2CD2335FWD-I on port 2. It connects without problems.
Connect DS-2CD2347G2-L to any unused port, let’s try port 10 it connects but claims the IP and port 2 from the 2335FWD and starts recording on channel 2.

The 2335FWD is now off line. It restarts buts attempts to connect to port 10 when it is connected to port 2. On connecting it starts recording channel 10.

This now starts a never ending loop of one camera on other off. Exchanging ports and attaining new IP address each restart.
Swap any camera to any other channel and it just continues.
There is two works a rounds. The one I am using is to connect both cameras with manual settings via the POE ports.

I do have a spare DS-7608N-E2/ 8P NVR and the cameras connect without conflict to any port.

With the DS-7616NI-12 NVR I can simulate the above conflict with any two cameras by setting the IP address for both cameras the same and connecting theses with manual settings . Again this causes a see saw swap until both are changed to plug/play

Have download and attached here the maintenance log, “system information and hardware information” from both cameras and searched for any common IP/Mac address included IP6 etc without success..

However do have a laptop (WIN 10) setup with all of Hikvision recover tools including “Putty” plus two USB to serial TTL converter for the cameras. Attached is a one hour long text file from the DS-2CD2335FWD-I which details its IP changes and restarts.
Search “Device IP Changed” to locate each change.

This is the limit of my expertise regarding access to the cameras internal code.

All suggestions from this forum are welcome as I would like to resolve this conflict while the NVR is still under warranty. Any warranty claim with the NVR Ebay seller would start another see saw war. It’s not the NVR it’s the cameras.

Thanks in advance.
Russell

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Best bet would be a factory reset of the NVR and cameras.

In many instances once a camera is plugged into a port, it cannot be changed to another port as the NVR has assigned that camera to that port. Sounds like what is happening.

A factory reset of everything and then only plug the camera into a port and not unplug it or move it to another port should hopefully resolve the issue.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
With the DS-7616NI-12 NVR I can simulate the above conflict with any two cameras by setting the IP address for both cameras the same and connecting theses with manual settings . Again this causes a see saw swap until both are changed to plug/play
My experience of the NVR4.x firmware is that the early versions are a bit of a work in progress and have been through quite a few revisions.
Even the later versions were a bit quirky when seen from the inside.

NVR DS-7616N1-12/16 V4.017 build 201124
Do you mean NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.40.017_201124 ?
That's quite new, but not quite the latest - nvr_k51_bl_ml_std_v4.50.000_210125

I'd tentatively point the finger at the NVR firmware, not the cameras, as the cause of the problem, and explore that by changing the version.
I'm not sure how much of a downgrade block is in place on the web GUI update - I didn't find one myself when going up and down and up again from 4.1.60 to 4.40.017 but going down did trigger a reset to defaults.
Some of the changes had to be done via the serial console.
What I didn't explore though is whether a configuration export and import works across versions.

There is a good set of versions available here if you feel able to test any out :

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is another suggestion -
If UPnP is enabled on either or both the NVR and camera - disable it.

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you mean NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.40.017_201124 ?
That's quite new, but not quite the latest - nvr_k51_bl_ml_std_v4.50.000_210125
When I checked late last week latest firmware on the EU portal was NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.40.017_201124, on checking again to day it still is.

However I have found nvr_k51_bl_ml_std_v4.50.000_210125 firmware that you referred to on the UK portal. Have installed this and defaulted the NVR to factory settings and the same for both cameras in question.
Even with this firmware the cameras conflict is still present.

Quite a bit has changed with NVR v4.50.000_210125 version.
The first thing that I noticed was a new lay out and camera smart events settings have been removed from the NVR GUI.
It is present in the web GUI, and of course each camera configuration page.

At this stage I intend to stay on this firmware for now as they may have changed the way AcuSense alerts are processes.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
have you tried assigning IP's to the cameras and changing the camera setup in NVR to manual? I do this with all my installs. I've also never had an issue with multiple cameras in one port!