Conflicting IP’s

RML

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently replaced an 8 port NVR with a 16 and added 6 more cameras. Disconnected old nvr and hooked all of the previous cameras and new cameras. Only the new cameras are now showing up with the exception of one previous camera but the POE is recognizing all the cameras. I was told by tech support that I need to change the password on all the cameras so they match but to do that you have to go through them with emails through SDAP. Honestly I feel like there is another way around this.

Using a Hunt NVR with built in POE with hikvision camera, three different models.

When I open SADP the camera IPs on the NVR don’t match what SADP is telling me.

Any help would be appreciated

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You will manually have to connect to each camera that is not working, and reset the IP address to the same range the NVR is using.
This is one of the pitfalls of buying different brand NVR and cams.
You could also try setting the cams to factory defaults, then connecting them one at a time to the NVR to see if it will configure them. Only connect one cam at a time, and give the NVR time (5 minutes) to config each cam.

RML

n3wb
Reaction score
To connect to each camera would I just plug into my laptop and log in?

As far as the range
My gateway is 192.168.0.1
My NVR is static at 192.168.0.12
The NVR is giving them a range of starting at 192.168.254.1

Would I want to keep them in the 254.x range

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
The built in PoE switch will have it's own subnet, which may be 192.168.254.1. Any cameras that you add to the PoE switch will need to either be set to a static address on the 192.168.254.? subnet, or be set to DHCP. If you are connecting cameras with out using the built in PoE switch, they need to be on the 192.168.0.1 subnet.

hikwpg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does the Hunt NVR support Hik protocol?
If you are using Onvif, you have to go into the Hik cameras and turn on Onvif and create a username and password.
(Network, Advanced Settings)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk