Confusion about Profiles (continous recording and alerts not in working hours)

Reaction score
HI all,

What I want: - all Cameras should record 24/7, but I need no alerts (alerts tab in main screen) from 9am - 3pm, this should work for all cams.
I tried to follow the instructions in this thread: continuous recording with scheduled alerts. But I don't get it.

What I did:
  • went to settings an changed name for profile 7 to noAlerts and renamed profile 6 to Alerts
  • then in Schedule, I enabled it and gave the preset a new name then I selected the profile Alerts and drawed it from 0 to 9am and from 3pm to 0
  • the noalerts i drawed from 9am to 3pm

- I went to one cam and selected the profile noAlerts and disabled the motion sensor.

how is this now working that all cams are using this profile settings and how does it switch from one to another?

In the main screen I selected the new enabled Preset but it isn't working as excpected - I still have alerts recorded from 9 - 3 ?
Setup and so on pls see attached pictures.

Thanks to all of u out there - for sharing your experiences!!!

Stev

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Under Alerts Tab - at the bottom under On Alert, do you have anything set up under that?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Under Actions it has On alert - open that option and what does it show?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK - sometimes they are hidden in there too.

Uncheck everything (A-H and Audio, ONVIF, etc.) and see if that gets you going.

Reaction score
hey,
it isn't working as expected I see that the profiles change. But I still get motion alerts in times where noAlerts Profile is active. I've set the times for no alert for testing from 8:45 - 14:45 ...
see image.

Up there - it says noAlerts - but on the left side you can see that it has recorded alerts in the noAlerts Time... :(
Anyone has an idea what the am I doin wrong?

Thanks !!!!

Attachments

Reaction score
what does your Blue Iris log say for those alerts?
try changing fire when "this camera is triggered' to 'nothing' for the specific profile

Last edited:
Reaction score
hey Holbs, already did that - changed all cams to do nothing on Profile noAlerts.
My Logs are empty Folder c:\bluiris + c:\prgramfiles\blueiris -- where do I enable them?

I changed the Trigger on every Cam -- saw that it was linked to profile one there and the motion sensor was enabled - for profile noalters :( ... lets see if this works now...

Reaction score
For Blue Irish logs I go to the Blue Iris main page and then go to the icon with the jagged up arrow (storage?) That takes you to the page of storage use which has tabs on the top of the page for log.

Reaction score
hey Holbs, thanks! - found it ... :)
as I can see it had no motion alert in the noAlert Profile times set so today for instance: no motion alerts between 9:59 to 14:45 absolutely correct .... - but it shows me records under alerts tab ? Thats what I want to prevent ... ??? no idea why that happens this way.
see pic: Ashampoo_Snap_2021.05.28_19h46m02s_010_.png

Attachments

Reaction score
HI all,

so now it is working as expected.
I didn't change anything since the "Trigger" change @ #10 - works absolutely perfect.

Thanks to holbs and wittaj !!!
You're the best !!!
thank you !!