Connect 2 blue iris's together

victorb17

n3wb
Reaction score
I have several scenarios where it would be great to have a full blue iris software instance available (not webcast), but where it is not creating multiple streams from the camera. For example:

In the house, I have server hidden in safe room. I use my office computer to watch cameras while server is recording. In order to get best quality and be able to zoom and listen to audio, I have blue iris running on my office computer. The webcast simply is to poor quality even at max settings, I can't seem to get audio working, and I can't digital zoom. This means however that each camera is sending two streams and is slowing the network (25 cameras). Also, it is annoying that if I want to watch recordings I have to teamviewer into the server.

I have a similar situation at the church. We have a server room where it is actually recording, and several people around the campus need to view the cameras.

Is there a way to have a "server" BI, then connect other computers running BI to it that exactly replicate the BI app experience?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have several scenarios where it would be great to have a full blue iris software instance available (not webcast), but where it is not creating multiple streams from the camera. For example:

In the house, I have server hidden in safe room. I use my office computer to watch cameras while server is recording. In order to get best quality and be able to zoom and listen to audio, I have blue iris running on my office computer. The webcast simply is to poor quality even at max settings, I can't seem to get audio working, and I can't digital zoom. This means however that each camera is sending two streams and is slowing the network (25 cameras). Also, it is annoying that if I want to watch recordings I have to teamviewer into the server.

I have a similar situation at the church. We have a server room where it is actually recording, and several people around the campus need to view the cameras.

Is there a way to have a "server" BI, then connect other computers running BI to it that exactly replicate the BI app experience?
The webcast is not poor at high settings...poor images using the web interface is result of using default settings and not setting it up correctly. Audio works, zoom works. The Ui3 thread has the proper settings.
No, there is no full client server setup.