Connect Blue Iris video streams to SageTV

wayner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use SageTV for my home video needs and have SageTV extenders at all of the TVs in my house (it seems like that there are a few others that use both systems as well). SageTV is now open source and one of the developers has written code to allow it to capture most types of generic video feeds that may come over your network.

I would like to be able to feed a video stream output from BI into SageTV - ideally one "channel" with a multi camera view and perhaps one channel for each camera. Is this possible? Does Blue Iris output video streams in such a way that would be by other sources, like SageTV? Or would I just have to go right to the original camera stream and bypass BI completely?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I use SageTV for my home video needs and have SageTV extenders at all of the TVs in my house (it seems like that there are a few others that use both systems as well). SageTV is now open source and one of the developers has written code to allow it to capture most types of generic video feeds that may come over your network.

I would like to be able to feed a video stream output from BI into SageTV - ideally one "channel" with a multi camera view and perhaps one channel for each camera. Is this possible? Does Blue Iris output video streams in such a way that would be by other sources, like SageTV? Or would I just have to go right to the original camera stream and bypass BI completely?
if sage can receive a standard h.264 stream then yes...

wayner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, I am pretty sure that you can with the Generic Pipe encoder that was recently written to allow the capture of various types of streams. What is the URL or rtsp:// identifier I would use?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I am pretty sure that you can with the Generic Pipe encoder that was recently written to allow the capture of various types of streams. What is the URL or rtsp:// identifier I would use?
/h264/cam1 where cam1 is the camera shortname

wayner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So if cam1 is the camera shortname and 192.168.1.98 is the IP address of the BI server and 81 is the BI port then is the exact URL rtsp://192.168.1.98/h264/cam1 or is it http://192.168.1.98:81/h264/cam1 or is it something else?