Connect Blue iris with other device

nebbiadigiorno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post. It's being a while i start using blue iris, and let me say that blue iris probably save my life warning me that there was two thiefs outside my house..... BIG (really big) thanks to blue iris for that.
I wonder if there is a way to connect blue iris to my alarm system in thi way: When the alarm sound all the camera trigger to record.
I assume that when the alarm sound a circuit in the alarm closed and the alarm receive electric power. There i a way to let blueriris detect this and trigger the record?
Thank's a lot for all the support.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post. It's being a while i start using blue iris, and let me say that blue iris probably save my life warning me that there was two thiefs outside my house..... BIG (really big) thanks to blue iris for that.
I wonder if there is a way to connect blue iris to my alarm system in thi way: When the alarm sound all the camera trigger to record.
I assume that when the alarm sound a circuit in the alarm closed and the alarm receive electric power. There i a way to let blueriris detect this and trigger the record?
Welcome to the forum. The easiest way to do this is to use a sealevel device like the 120e. This will allow you to also use pir sensors to trigger blue iris. http://www.sealevel.com/store/120e-ethernet-to-4-optically-isolated-inputs-4-form-c-relay-outputs-digital-interface-adapter.html
There are other methods as well, search the forum for arduino.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer, so can i connect the sea level to my alarm siren and to blue iris?
Yes, It connects to blue iris over the network, its an ethernet device.
Another cheap way to do it is to use a junk ip camera with a mic, place it near the siren and use the audio trigger (set threshold high so you dont get false alerts).

nebbiadigiorno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the sea level suggestion is fantastic. I think i can get a try. There is a particular sea level model that is a must to buy?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
the sea level suggestion is fantastic. I think i can get a try. There is a particular sea level model that is a must to buy?
There are usb and ethernet models. Im not familiar with them all. The 120e is ethernet based which is good since you dont have to directly connect it to the blue iris pc. They also have a model that is powered by POE. You might want to call them to see which is best for your application. I bought my 120e on ebay for 50 dollars, but i dont see any for sale now.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
What happened with the thieves?