Connecting Axis A8105-E Video Door Station to BI

Reaction score
A few days ago, a colleague gave me a NIB Axis A8105-E to add to my existing BI installation.

It's successfully on my network, and the Axis companion app works when the doorbell button is pressed - I get video and 2-way audio to the companion app on my iOS device.

However, I'm unable to get my BI server to connect to, and record, video and/or audio. I added it to BI like all the other cameras I have (a mix of Lorex, Trendnet, SVC PTZ, and a single WifI Amcrest) - used the find/inspect method to query the device, which it found.

Yet, once I save the config, I get an "RTSP: 404 not found" error. I tried a few parameters that are listed in the manual (axrtsp://<ip>/axis-media/media.amp, axrtpu://<ip>/axis-media/media.amp, or just /axis-media/media.amp), and all that did was change the error, but still no video.

It's clearly a combination of door station and BI config, but since I've never had to piddle with any of that with my other cameras, I'm at a bit of a loss.

I did some searches, specifically for the A8105-E, but all of the returns were for folks interested in them, not on configuration issues.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A few days ago, a colleague gave me a NIB Axis A8105-E to add to my existing BI installation.

It's successfully on my network, and the Axis companion app works when the doorbell button is pressed - I get video and 2-way audio to the companion app on my iOS device.

However, I'm unable to get my BI server to connect to, and record, video and/or audio. I added it to BI like all the other cameras I have (a mix of Lorex, Trendnet, SVC PTZ, and a single WifI Amcrest) - used the find/inspect method to query the device, which it found.

Yet, once I save the config, I get an "RTSP: 404 not found" error. I tried a few parameters that are listed in the manual (axrtsp://<ip>/axis-media/media.amp, axrtpu://<ip>/axis-media/media.amp, or just /axis-media/media.amp), and all that did was change the error, but still no video.

It's clearly a combination of door station and BI config, but since I've never had to piddle with any of that with my other cameras, I'm at a bit of a loss.

I did some searches, specifically for the A8105-E, but all of the returns were for folks interested in them, not on configuration issues.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
Try disabling hardware acceleration for the doorbell in the blue iris video tab.

Reaction score
Hardware accelerated decode is set for "NO"

FWIW, the make is defined as "Generic/ONVIF", model is "RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPEG/MPEG4", like nearly all of my other cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hardware accelerated decode is set for "NO"

FWIW, the make is defined as "Generic/ONVIF", model is "RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPEG/MPEG4", like nearly all of my other cameras.
Try selecting one of the axis options from the dropdown.
also some cameras require you to manually enable the onvif stream
dont use axis zip-stream.

Reaction score
If BI isn't providing some $$ to fenderman for his support time on here, they should be.

Changing the make to "Axis", model to "M/P/Q series H264" did the trick - video and audio now appear in BI.

Thanks for the quick help, fenderman.