Connecting Reolink RLC 410 to Hiwatch Hikvision NVR

Khuz360

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All

I've recently purchased the Reolink RLC 410 and the Hiwatch Hikvision NVR. Sadly I'm having some problems getting the camera to work with the NVR.

For some reason, the camera does not seem to be getting picked up on the network at all.

I connected the NVR to my router via the LAN port and ensured the network settings were correct on the NVR. I connected the Reolink camera to the POE port on the NVR, foolishly thinking it would be plug and play, I had no joy. The camera did not even appear on the Network which meant the reolink app didn't pick up the camera either. I changed the settings for adding the camera from automatic to manual.

Can anyone provide a step by step guide on what settings I need, to get the system working.

Thanks

Khuz

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All

I've recently purchased the Reolink RLC 410 and the Hiwatch Hikvision NVR. Sadly I'm having some problems getting the camera to work with the NVR.

For some reason, the camera does not seem to be getting picked up on the network at all.

I connected the NVR to my router via the LAN port and ensured the network settings were correct on the NVR. I connected the Reolink camera to the POE port on the NVR, foolishly thinking it would be plug and play, I had no joy. The camera did not even appear on the Network which meant the reolink app didn't pick up the camera either. I changed the settings for adding the camera from automatic to manual.

Can anyone provide a step by step guide on what settings I need, to get the system working.

Thanks

Khuz
Relolink is crap, if you can, return it. It's always best to keep cams and NVR's from the same maker.

Khuz360

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen the quality of the camera and I'm pretty happy with what I've seen. I purchased it on the basis that a colleague had the same one and the Hikvision of the same spec cost 50% more than the Reolink. It was more cost effective to purchase the Hikvision NVR because it was half the price of the Reolink one. Ultimately there must be a way to get them together.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen the quality of the camera and I'm pretty happy with what I've seen. I purchased it on the basis that a colleague had the same one and the Hikvision of the same spec cost 50% more than the Reolink. It was more cost effective to purchase the Hikvision NVR because it was half the price of the Reolink one. Ultimately there must be a way to get them together.
Take the advice and return the camera...you have no experience to determine the quality of the camera, which includes the firmware which is the more important component. There are MUCH better cameras available with superior night vision and build quality. Not to mention bullet cameras was a poor choice..look at turrets...see the dahua starlight threads...for 100 dollars you can have a fixed turret starlight.
Reolink is a lying scamming company...you should always match cameras to the NVR.
the cameras will not work well with other NVR's because they are not onvif conformant...despite they clever marketing calling it compatible...you may get a stream but motion may or may not work...
it will certainly not be plug and play even with onvif conformant cameras...return and start over.

Last edited:

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having owned a couple of Reolink cameras, I'm sorry to see the company being slandered. These might not be cameras that nerds, geeks and pros would choose but they give everyone else an easy and affordable route into domestic CCTV - with all of the most popular features you would find on Dahua or Hikvision cams. Reolink are a consumer company whereas the others aren't: no need to jump through hoops in order to buy them, install them, configure them or use them - or even to find out how much they cost. No need to deal directly with Chinese middlemen if the idea makes you nervous. No concerns abut warranty, returns, firmware/software upgrades, etc. No worries about support as all questions get comprehensively answered within 24 hours in perfect English - which is sometimes even faster than this excellent forum.

And the Reolink products are surprisingly solid, weighty and well-made. The company is clearly in this business for the long haul. And while their eco-system is restrictive in that they don't support mix-and-match with other camera or NVR makes, they do appeal to all platform users since they are one of the few to fully support Mac Os.

For sure, there are Dahua cameras I would like to own as Reolink's range is fairly limited. And I want a Hikvision video intercom/gate opener which Reolink can't give me. But having dipped their toe in the water with a no-brainer Reolink system for a while, many users will have learned enough to want to move up the food chain.

I also think that Reolink are a pioneering company and they produce at least one insanely useful wi-fi camera that no-one else does. I wanted a camera facing my house but there's a public road in front of me; but since I also own some land on the other side of the road, I was able to put a Reolink Argus Pro there which is completely wire-free and doesn't even require me to recharge any batteries since it comes with an optional solar panel which just works. There may be some convoluted and expensive way of extending a maintenance-free system across a tarred public road which I haven't found but for anyone of limited technical ability there appears to be no other way to film the front of my house.

So although I'm looking around at other systems for other parts of my property, I think I will always have at least one Reolink camera. And I think they are a very decent company.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Having owned a couple of Reolink cameras, I'm sorry to see the company being slandered. These might not be cameras that nerds, geeks and pros would choose but they give everyone else an easy and affordable route into domestic CCTV - with all of the most popular features you would find on Dahua or Hikvision cams. Reolink are a consumer company whereas the others aren't: no need to jump through hoops in order to buy them, install them, configure them or use them - or even to find out how much they cost. No need to deal directly with Chinese middlemen if the idea makes you nervous. No concerns abut warranty, returns, firmware/software upgrades, etc. No worries about support as all questions get comprehensively answered within 24 hours in perfect English - which is sometimes even faster than this excellent forum.

And the Reolink products are surprisingly solid, weighty and well-made. The company is clearly in this business for the long haul. And while their eco-system is restrictive in that they don't support mix-and-match with other camera or NVR makes, they do appeal to all platform users since they are one of the few to fully support Mac Os.

For sure, there are Dahua cameras I would like to own as Reolink's range is fairly limited. And I want a Hikvision video intercom/gate opener which Reolink can't give me. But having dipped their toe in the water with a no-brainer Reolink system for a while, many users will have learned enough to want to move up the food chain.

I also think that Reolink are a pioneering company and they produce at least one insanely useful wi-fi camera that no-one else does. I wanted a camera facing my house but there's a public road in front of me; but since I also own some land on the other side of the road, I was able to put a Reolink Argus Pro there which is completely wire-free and doesn't even require me to recharge any batteries since it comes with an optional solar panel which just works. There may be some convoluted and expensive way of extending a maintenance-free system across a tarred public road which I haven't found but for anyone of limited technical ability there appears to be no other way to film the front of my house.

So although I'm looking around at other systems for other parts of my property, I think I will always have at least one Reolink camera. And I think they are a very decent company.
You are confused, the company is NOT being slandered, everything that has been said about the company is 100 percent accurate and true, they are a garbage lying company. I am sorry to see that you are too inexperienced and inept to see this. This garbage company spammed this forum and lied to me about it. Then it lied to users about its firmware then falsely claim the cameras work well with blue iris when they dont because of faulty firmware that does not allow iframe interval settings. The image quality is supbar as they dont sell large sensor cameras. Hikvision and dahua both also have consumer brands - wake up and do some research. There are ZERO hoops to jump through to buy hik/dahua, its 2019 google something called the internet.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have read the Reolink threads here and there are several posters claiming that their Reolink cams work just fine with Blue iris. Conversely, there are several posters saying that their Dahua cameras don't get any PT or Z controllability in Blue Iris. And maybe if I were to read other forums I would see people complaining that different brands of camera don't work fully with Blue Iris. Surely those posts don't make any of the manufacturers - or Blue Iris - "garbage"?

I also know that Reolink cams work fine with a number of third party clients - and perfectly with their own software which is what the great majority of their customers will be using. And they get high review ratings from Amazon customers and elsewhere.

You seem to have some kind of personal vendetta going on but I will stick up for Reolink since I know that the two cameras I have bought from them have been high quality and high performance and their support is exceptional. Sure they will make mistakes but they certainly aren't garbage - and they provide a vital entry point for know-little consumers getting into CCTV and eventually moving up to more professional systems.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have read the Reolink threads here and there are several posters claiming that their Reolink cams work just fine with Blue iris. Conversely, there are several posters saying that their Dahua cameras don't get any PT or Z controllability in Blue Iris. And maybe if I were to read other forums I would see people complaining that different brands of camera don't work fully with Blue Iris. Surely those posts don't make any of the manufacturers - or Blue Iris - "garbage"?

I also know that Reolink cams work fine with a number of third party clients - and perfectly with their own software which is what the great majority of their customers will be using. And they get high review ratings from Amazon customers and elsewhere.

You seem to have some kind of personal vendetta going on but I will stick up for Reolink since I know that the two cameras I have bought from them have been high quality and high performance and their support is exceptional. Sure they will make mistakes but they certainly aren't garbage - and they provide a vital entry point for know-little consumers getting into CCTV and eventually moving up to more professional systems.
Once again you are misinformed. Every single that will camera with PTZ is controllable with blue iris it's simply a settings issue. Reolink cameras are not compatible with blue iris, when using direct to disc. There is an rtmp method it is inefficient and sometimes helps but is not a proper solution. I understand that this is over your head and you don't get the problem. You are inept and misinformed only a complete fool buy reolink, they are liars scammers and cheats. You wouldn't know a high-quality camera if it bit you in the ass, as is evident by your promotion of real late when we know they have no good low light cameras. There's no way you can tell whether a camera is high-quality by your tiny sample size and nothing better to compare it to. I understand I need you have to justify you're silly purchase that doesn't make reolink a good company. Their cameras should be avoided at all cost. Good portion of the reviews on Amazon for reolink are fake I know this because they came to this forum posing as an end-user praising the camera. Additionally if you look at fakespot for many other models you will see the fake reviews, Amazon clears I'm out every once in awhile but lots of them are still there. Additionally reviews from Amazon users come from people like you who have zero experience in this industry don't understand the products that are available and have limited knowledge in general about IP cameras and networking as you do.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's simply that the majority of Reolink customers are know-little consumers taking their first steps into CCTV with no intention of ever venturing outside the Reolink eco-system. They're happy with the Reolink client software and apps which work just fine across all the main platforms and they possibly have never heard of Dahua or Blue Iris. Based on the reviews - which doubtless do include some fake ones as those are a fact of life sadly - those consumers are mostly happy with their purchase and the "garbage" word never crosses their mind.

I think that comparing their system to the more sophisticated equipment which might require Blue Iris and a greater degree of expertise and knowledge is like comparing chalk and cheese. It's like saying that a $100 drone is garbage even though the user is delighted with it. It's only garbage to a sophisticated pilot with the best kit that DJI can offer.

They have competent code writers so there must be insurmountable technical reasons why they can't incorporate i-frames within their eco-system. Most of their customers don't know or care about it as direct-to-disc, and everything else, works fine for them using the tools provided.

But yes, their system is limited/restricted so it won't satisfy more ambitious users. Arguably you should be grateful to starter systems such as Reolink as a lot of their customers will eventually end up here looking at Dahua and Hikvision (and Blue Iris), as I did.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's simply that the majority of Reolink customers are know-little consumers taking their first steps into CCTV with no intention of ever venturing outside the Reolink eco-system. They're happy with the Reolink client software and apps which work just fine across all the main platforms and they possibly have never heard of Dahua or Blue Iris. Based on the reviews - which doubtless do include some fake ones as those are a fact of life sadly - those consumers are mostly happy with their purchase and the "garbage" word never crosses their mind.

I think that comparing their system to the more sophisticated equipment which might require Blue Iris and a greater degree of expertise and knowledge is like comparing chalk and cheese. It's like saying that a $100 drone is garbage even though the user is delighted with it. It's only garbage to a sophisticated pilot with the best kit that DJI can offer.

They have competent code writers so there must be insurmountable technical reasons why they can't incorporate i-frames within their eco-system. Most of their customers don't know or care about it as direct-to-disc, and everything else, works fine for them using the tools provided.

But yes, their system is limited/restricted so it won't satisfy more ambitious users. Arguably you should be grateful to starter systems such as Reolink as a lot of their customers will eventually end up here looking at Dahua and Hikvision (and Blue Iris), as I did.
It talks no more expertise to setup a blue iris system then to setup a reolink crap system. They have never seen a good night time image to compare their crap to.
They dont have competent code writers (not sure where you are getting this misinformation) and I question whether they make their own product, its highly likely that its all manufactured for them. Every other ip camera on the market that supports rtsp/onvif provides iframe interval adjustments. They LIED to all their users when they provided a false reason why they have not implemented it.
I should be grateful for them? They do NOTHING for me, just as dahua and hikvision does nothing for me. They are a lying cheating spamming company. Only a fool would buy their crap!

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I call them competent because their products work well on a Mac - which is something few other makers can claim. And also because I once pointed out a problem to them and they fixed it in a new firmware update within 48 hours.

Yes, their night vision is not up to Dahua's best - but not all Dahua cameras have superior night imagery. I suspect their daytime images are less good than Dahua's too…but they are certainly plenty good enough for most needs and limited budgets.

Reolink are basically a plug-and-play system - like the iMac was at a time when PCs were complicated. That obviously appeals to a lot of people. I'm sure they will continue to grow as they are doing most things right for their sector of the market. And some things - like the aforementioned Argus Pro wire-free cam and their new silent NVR - they do exceptionally well by any standards.

I will look back on Reolink with fondness - as I do with my first Mac, my first car and my first wife.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I call them competent because their products work well on a Mac - which is something few other makers can claim. And also because I once pointed out a problem to them and they fixed it in a new firmware update within 48 hours.

Yes, their night vision is not up to Dahua's best - but not all Dahua cameras have superior night imagery. I suspect their daytime images are less good than Dahua's too…but they are certainly plenty good enough for most needs and limited budgets.

Reolink are basically a plug-and-play system - like the iMac was at a time when PCs were complicated. That obviously appeals to a lot of people. I'm sure they will continue to grow as they are doing most things right for their sector of the market. And some things - like the aforementioned Argus Pro wire-free cam and their new silent NVR - they do exceptionally well by any standards.

I will look back on Reolink with fondness - as I do with my first Mac, my first car and my first wife.
Again missing the point that they offer NO good sensors. Every modern dahua works with mac. You again are misinformed. No system is plug and play, you must setup motion, retention and remote viewing.
Wifi cameras, dont make me laugh.
You are inexperienced, a novice, you dont know any better.
Once again, anyone like you who buys from these lying scammers is an idiot. They will be called out on this forum as the scammers they are.

MYKMACSJ

n3wb
Reaction score
Reolink cameras are not crap they work fine.
You need to plug the reolink into your computer LAN and access it first. Set the IP address of the camera to whatever IP range your NVR is using. Before you do that set the username and password and whatever other changes you want. Once you reboot, move the camera to the Hikvision IP network. Manually add the camera to your NVR because your NVR will not see it. Select Custom adding or the port you added the camera to. Set the protocol to ONVIF, Management Port to 8000, set your user name and password, and the IP address that you set the camera up for.

MistaBeak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Reolink cameras are not crap they work fine.
You need to plug the reolink into your computer LAN and access it first. Set the IP address of the camera to whatever IP range your NVR is using. Before you do that set the username and password and whatever other changes you want. Once you reboot, move the camera to the Hikvision IP network. Manually add the camera to your NVR because your NVR will not see it. Select Custom adding or the port you added the camera to. Set the protocol to ONVIF, Management Port to 8000, set your user name and password, and the IP address that you set the camera up for.
Not working for me in BI.

MistaBeak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I can see the cam working fine in its own client software. My LAN confirms the IP address of the device. It is only BI that can't find it even if I give it the password and IP. Looking to the Reolink support site ; they have a page on how to connect to Blue Iris. It looks like my model, "Lumus" is not supported. See blue highlighted area of attached screen shot. Looks like I'll have to return it.2020-10-29.png

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Once you manage to get it added to BI, open the "Cameras" tab and see what that "wonderful" camera is actually doing, both day and night, frame rate, bit rate and iframe rate. If you're lucky you might get an iframe rate over 3 or 4. That's going to result in crap video at night. You're all relying on the still shots used in advertising, not real motion video. Reolink is just junk, plain and simple. This may seem "nerdy" but it is reality, Reolink is a scam to take your money and make you think you've got something halfway good. It''s actually all the way bad.

MistaBeak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Once you manage to get it added to BI, open the "Cameras" tab and see what that "wonderful" camera is actually doing, both day and night, frame rate, bit rate and iframe rate. If you're lucky you might get an iframe rate over 3 or 4. That's going to result in crap video at night. You're all relying on the still shots used in advertising, not real motion video. Reolink is just junk, plain and simple. This may seem "nerdy" but it is reality, Reolink is a scam to take your money and make you think you've got something halfway good. It''s actually all the way bad.
This model will not run under BI. That is admitted by Reolink. But in other software that does recognize the camera the image is very good both day and night. It is night at the moment and the frame rate is 10 and bit rate 384 so your numbers are based on?. I will be returning the cam as BI is my system. I'll be looking for another model as my Foscam crapped out after four years.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
So what is the camera set to for a frame rate? Bet it's higher than 10. Bet the bit rate is set higher as well and you don't mention the iframe rate which is the key to motion without blurring. Click on the "lightning bolt" graph symbol at the top left of the BI console and got to the cameras tab. You'll see what I am talking about, Nerd stuff maybe, but the keys to getting good video rather than a nice "image".