Connection problem

mike2957

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 5 DS-CD2032F-I connected to a 8 port POE switch, which is connected directly to a Nexgear Nighthawk AC1900 modem/router. Whenever I have a power loss the only way to get the cameras to reappear in Blue Iris is to disconnect the cat 5 cable between the POE switch and the modem/router for about 3 or 4 minutes and then plug it back in. Does anyone have a suggestion on fixing this problem?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Plug the PC into the same switch as the router. Also are your IP addresses reserbed in the router?

mike2957

n3wb
Reaction score
Plug the PC into the same switch as the router. Also are your IP addresses reserbed in the router?
The IP addresses are reserved. I have have TinyCam pro on a kindle fire and IP Cam on a Samsung S9. They both have the same problem. When I plug the PC into the router, the camera's drop out of the network.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The IP addresses are reserved. I have have TinyCam pro on a kindle fire and IP Cam on a Samsung S9. They both have the same problem. When I plug the PC into the router, the camera's drop out of the network.
right, so plug the pc into the switch not the router although plugging it into the router itself should not cause this issue.

mike2957

n3wb
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that my PC is connected to my network via Wi-Fi.