Continues record for say 24 hours plus triggers

danodemano

n3wb
Reaction score
Alright, let me try to lay this one out.

What I want to do, is have a continues record for lets says 24 hours. Then after 24 hours the CONTINUES recordings are deleted.

In addition, I want motion recording. These recordings are kept based on other retention policies, right now I have them stored for 180 days.

Furthermore, these continuous recording should go to another folder so they don't get auto-uploaded to my FTP site. I have the motion recording auto-uploaded.

Is this doable? Basically a continuous recording stream that's 100% independent of the triggered motion recording. A recording "buffer" of a set time that's always viewable/exportable even if there was no motion.

Hope that all makes sense. We have had some crime in the neighborhood as of late and while my motion alerts exclude the road it would be nice to have a buffer window where I could retrieve ANYTHING regardless of motion.

Looking forward to your responces, thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright, let me try to lay this one out.

What I want to do, is have a continues record for lets says 24 hours. Then after 24 hours the CONTINUES recordings are deleted.

In addition, I want motion recording. These recordings are kept based on other retention policies, right now I have them stored for 180 days.

Furthermore, these continuous recording should go to another folder so they don't get auto-uploaded to my FTP site. I have the motion recording auto-uploaded.

Is this doable? Basically a continuous recording stream that's 100% independent of the triggered motion recording. A recording "buffer" of a set time that's always viewable/exportable even if there was no motion.

Hope that all makes sense. We have had some crime in the neighborhood as of late and while my motion alerts exclude the road it would be nice to have a buffer window where I could retrieve ANYTHING regardless of motion.

Looking forward to your responces, thanks!
yes, you can clone the camera (set it up again) and record to a new aux folder and set limits...hide the cloned camera so it doesnt appear double on the screen..it wont more cpu as only a single stream is pulled from the camera..

danodemano

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, you can clone the camera (set it up again) and record to a new aux folder and set limits...hide the cloned camera so it doesnt appear double on the screen..it wont more cpu as only a single stream is pulled from the camera..
Ohh that's something I didn't even think about, thanks! A totally "new" camera that's just for the continuous. Going to have to give this a shot, thanks so much!!!