Control Hikvision PTZ cameras over coaxial cable

pilscoop

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I'd like to know which Hikvision DVRs support this function to control a PTZ camera over coaxial cable.

Specifically the DS-2AE5123TI camera using the DS-7208HQHI-SH DVR.

If anyone has experience doing this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All Hikvision HDTVI (Turbo HD) units will control HDTVI PTZs over coaxial cable.

That camera with that DVR will work ok.

pilscoop

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you have instructions regarding the configuration to make it work? I connected the camera to the DVR and wasn't able to control the PTZ over coaxial cable, only through RS-485.
I followed the instructions (see attached image) and wasn't able to get it working:
coax control.JPG

I connected via RS-485 to the camera to verify that (in the camera's configuration menu) the COAXIAL CONTROL option was set to ON and the PROTOCOL-C set to HIK-C, I then set the protocol to HIKVISION-C on the DVR side and disconnected the RS-485 cables to see if the control over coaxial was working and nothing happened... I also tried selecting AUTO in the camera's menu and also nothing.

I don't think the DS-7208HQHI-SH (Turbo HD 1.0) model is compatible with this function. The video input specification says "BNC interface (1.0Vp-p, 75 Ω)".

The DS-7208HQHI-F1 (Turbo HD 3.0) video input specification says "BNC interface (1.0Vp-p, 75 Ω), supporting coaxitron connection" and explicitly indicates in its features that "Support HIKVISION-C protocol for connecting camera over coax;"

What do you think about this?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All HDTVI/Turbo HD units from Hikvision support it, even the first units. From the first HDTVI specification, HDTVI has been able to send audio and RS485 commands over the coaxial cable (for PTZ cameras, motorized varifocal cameras, and cameras with OSD menu).

I have seen some things not working so well between Hikvision's DVRs and OEM cameras on the low end staff (life Hikvision DS-71xxHGHI-E1 units supporting HDTVI 1.0 but not HDTVI 2.0); but with Hikvision DVR and Hikvision PTZ camera I think they should not be a problem geting it to work, and DS-7208HQHI-SH is a good unit.

pilscoop

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your clarification. I'll try again, maybe I missed something