Controlling camera settings

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can BI control settings like camera IR state, contrast, brightness and the like via a profile ?

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have found the following,... am using BI5.

For the camera where this is desired:
Camera settings > Schedule > Event schedule > Enable > Add

You can then set some times, choose a profile/s and select a function.

The functions include many things; whether all work or not probably depends upon the camera support I suppose.

Haven't really messed with much of the config to further understand it all,.. not exactly sure how the profile bit fits in.

Can anyone explain what the settings for the following will do at 6pm,.. assume it'll send an 'IR On' command to the camera, but what does the profile bit mean ? (I've selected all in the image below)

EDIT: So after some testing,... the image shows all profiles de-selected,.. so with all like the image results in no event occurring,.. so it looks like you need to select the profile for which the event/s applies, or attaches itself to.

EDIT2: So the global schedule selects the desired profile for the period (as per schedule), and the mechanism described here applies additional 'special' settings aligned to the profile 'in play' during its specific period,.. if you align the event period with the schedule period AND the event's profile with the global scheduled profile it would seem like you're able to apply these 'special' settings as needed.
At least that's how I think it all hangs together.
upload_2019-8-31_17-17-28.png

Last edited: