Convert analog camera to IP

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't know, maybe 960H vs D1?? The R22 is D1 only. You have a R18 working with BI?
Correct. It will be a few hours before I can check. The evil twins want to go to a school play.....

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bob,
Here are the parameters I am using for my Aposonic R18;

HTTP://***.***.***.***:8000
Make - Generic
Model - JPEG/GIF/etc. image requests
Path - /cgi-bin/wappaint?camera_no=1&animation=0&name=******&password=****&pic_size=3
Media/Video/RTSP Port - 68
Discovery Port - 8999
Camera - 0 or 1 or 2 or 3 etc depending on which camera Remember 0=camera 1

Hope this works for you!

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There should NOT be a space between w and o in password. It is doing that when I hit save.......

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Bob,
Here are the parameters I am using for my Aposonic R18;

HTTP://***.***.***.***:8000
Make - Generic
Model - JPEG/GIF/etc. image requests
Path - /cgi-bin/wappaint?camera_no=1&animation=0&name=******&password=****&pic_size=3
Media/Video/RTSP Port - 68
Discovery Port - 8999
Camera - 0 or 1 or 2 or 3 etc depending on which camera Remember 0=camera 1

Hope this works for you!
Thanks for the information. Making some progress, had to change from :8000 to :80 and now get one of the cameras, I get camera #2 only for some reason. I would have thought it would be #1 if anything. But progress all the same. I will be back at it tomorrow afternoon to try to tweak some more. Great info.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The path is slightly different for each camera. camera_no=
Mine are 1, 2 and 3. The Blue Iris tab must be for reference.

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just so you know they exist, I use a Hikvision analog to IP adapter with different NVR software and it works like a champ. This is a box that you can connect 4 analog cameras to, then it coverts that to IP so when adding to your NVR it is just like adding an IP camera. In my case I add one IP yet I get four cameras showing up with the same IP once added.

Hikvision part DS-6704HWI is what I use. Looks like you will not need this as you will be getting a free way to add them, but at least you know these exist now. I have a single analog camera at many places I need to connect as it is not replaceable with IP at this time so I needed a solution to get it connected when the locations were switched to IP cams, this has worked great so far.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I still don't see a big point in these when you can buy a dollar store DVR that does the same job PLUS recording, motion detection, video display etc. Sales volume must be hideously small to require a markup like that. But, they're small, neat, and some businesses must prefer forking out for them instead of biting the financial bullet of replacing cams and wiring and just doing a partial upgrade to IP gear.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
As a side note, if anybody wants to consider using one of these, although I have no personal experience with these IP encoders blue iris at least at the moment definitely supports Hikvision cameras better than axis ones. I assume the encoders are the same way. For instance, I still don't have hardware acceleration for my Axis cameras in Blue Iris.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The path is slightly different for each camera. camera_no=
Mine are 1, 2 and 3. The Blue Iris tab must be for reference.
That was my problem, I guess I thought if I selected 4 in the video stream it would bring in the 4 cams together. Added 3 more and set each one starting with 0 through 3 and they all work. Thanks for all the help. Now to figure out how to select which cam is the larbe one in the BI viewer, it keeps the last one installed as the large one.

Edit: Found it... "Prioritize Selected Camera"

Last edited by a moderator:

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just so you know they exist, I use a Hikvision analog to IP adapter with different NVR software and it works like a champ. This is a box that you can connect 4 analog cameras to, then it coverts that to IP so when adding to your NVR it is just like adding an IP camera. In my case I add one IP yet I get four cameras showing up with the same IP once added.

Hikvision part DS-6704HWI is what I use. Looks like you will not need this as you will be getting a free way to add them, but at least you know these exist now. I have a single analog camera at many places I need to connect as it is not replaceable with IP at this time so I needed a solution to get it connected when the locations were switched to IP cams, this has worked great so far.
Way too much $$$. I will be replacing the old cameras one each month or so.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Camera on the left is from my old R22 DVR and has great IR for night. Picture is pitch black and if you look at the picture on the right you can see the light from the left camera shining on the deck. Sure wish I could find an IP that gave the same light. Since it is analog from the DVR it is only 640x480 res.

Night A.jpg

vtccam

n3wb
Reaction score
I was wanting to convert some of my analogue cameras to IP. Then use with a NVR. As I find that to replace with some ip cameras to get the same image way to expensive. Also I find the motion blur especially at night is better. One of the analogue s also gives me colour , and with the street Iights can see all the way down the street easily, very light. I am very new to the world of IP and was after some assistance.

I was looking at the hikvision 6704 video encoder. Where I am the analogue cameras are Pal not ntsc. Also it is an Australian NVR. Swann 7090. To cut the price I was wondering can I buy a US hikvision 6704 and will this work with the Pal camera and the NVR?. Thanks.

vtccam

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you use NTSC analogue cameras with a US hikvision 6704 video encoder and any hikvision nvr.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I have no experience with what you're trying to do but the 6704 is 12V DC so as long as you have a PAL to 12V DC converter to run the 6704 and your cameras have compatible power (not sure if you're going to try and power them with 12V DC, 24V AC or what), then I'd expect it to work with an Ozzie NVR. You may have some video problems under 50hz lighting with the 60hz cams but it may be slight or not noticeable.

What exact cams are you trying to save or duplicate? Seems like a waste buying all new NTSC cams and NTSC to IP converter to Mickey Mouse it to work with your NVR.