Copy Profiles in BI5

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just upgraded from BI 4 to 5. This won't work for me. I'm doing a ton of complicated zone tuning and need to copy profiles 1 to 3 and profiles 2 to 4 on EVERY one of my 14 cameras.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just upgraded from BI 4 to 5. This won't work for me. I'm doing a ton of complicated zone tuning and need to copy profiles 1 to 3 and profiles 2 to 4 on EVERY one of my 14 cameras.
Did you try the "Configuration Synchronization" method outlined in BI's "Help" ?

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you try the "Configuration Synchronization" method outlined in BI's "Help" ?
I read it but I don't see how that lets me copy profile 2 to profile 4 for every camera.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What sort of sucks is that this synchronization feature doesn't apply to alert Actions so I'm having to copy and paste programs and arguments for multiple alerts and then do it all over again for each camera.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've been through the pain of having to copy and paste 7 different zone setting to 5 different profiles on a camera.

I don't understand how syncing from profile 1 helps because I have customized profiles 2-7 not on profile 1.
profiles 2-7 I want to be able to sync from, not profile 1.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Could someone clarify this please?

If I tick 'sync with profile 1' here and hit ok when my customized profile 4 is on, will all the settings from 4 be copied to 1? Then I can use that Profile 1(copy from 4) to sync with another camera?

Is this the concept behind the sync? Thanks

1633543134175.png

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No, it will make 4 just like 1. You're syncing WITH 1.
1 needs to be your base profile. Then you can sync any/all other profiles to 1 to make them the same as 1. Now you can uncheck sync with 1 and make whatever changes you need to that profile.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No, it will make 4 just like 1. You're syncing WITH 1.
1 needs to be your base profile. Then you can sync any/all other profiles to 1 to make them the same as 1. Now you can uncheck sync with 1 and make whatever changes you need to that profile.
ok thanks good to know, glad i didn't click ok.

So if I understand correctly this feature has now become useless if you have more than 1 profile. We need the copy/paste function back.

I have 6 profiles (2-7) and all are customized. profile 1 is not used in my case, just a blank sheet.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ok thanks good to know, glad i didn't click ok.

So if I understand correctly this feature has now become useless if you have more than 1 profile. We need the copy/paste function back.

I have 6 profiles (2-7) and all are customized. profile 1 is not used in my case, just a blank sheet.
Your not using it as expected. Your choice.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Your not using it as expected. Your choice.
Sorry what is expected? Could you expand on your comment please?

I need the 5 profiles at least. Each one has different settings

Day - 4 ext cams - motion on (4 int cams inactive), different zones and settings
Night - 4 ext cams - motion on (4 int cams inactive), different zones and settings
Dayaway - 4 ext and 4 int cams - motion on
Nightaway - 4 ext and 4 int cams - motion on
Home
Inactive

4 cloned cams for continuous recording(hidden)

Last edited: