Corridor setup Dahua IPC-HFW4433F-ZSA 4MP Starlight Bullet Varifocal

raygen

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone used this camera in corridor mode?

I need to setup this camera in a narrow corridor, I can successfully rotate the image 90 degrees when I log into the camera via the local Lan.

What I need to know is the lens rotatable on these IP cameras or do I need to rotate the physical camera to be able to view this on the screen.

I am mounting this camera off a wall and the design of the bracket does not allow the camera to be turned by 90 degrees.

Anyone has any advise what to do?

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome Raygen,

FYI - That is not a Dahua starlight camera.

In the software / UI you can rotate and even mirror w/o needing to rotate the camera physically.

raygen

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Mat I purchased this from Ali express advertised as starlight seems to work very good for the price. I changed the camera 90 degree rotation successfully through the web UI. but how to view this on screen as normal and the left and right field of view should be narrow so I don't see the neighbours , but stays the same just flips the image.
the top and bottom view should be able to see more.
thanks for your help.

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Mat I purchased this from Ali express advertised as starlight seems to work very good for the price. I changed the camera 90 degree rotation successfully through the web UI. but how to view this on screen as normal and the left and right field of view should be narrow so I don't see the neighbours , but stays the same just flips the image.
the top and bottom view should be able to see more.
thanks for your help.
HI Raygen,

I am deeply sorry to have to tell you that you got taken / conned / defrauded by that vendor.

The analogy is you were told you were getting the top end toyota and got the bottom end one.

This is a typical problem with a number of Chinese vendors who will lie and cheat to get sales.

To reduce issues and have a better experience I and numerous others here recommend
1) Buy from vetted vendors
2) Read the reviews members share here on cameras
3) Read the ads very carefully, and confirm camera model numbers with those on the Dahua International website
4) Avoid Chinese Market cameras.

Also note - depending on the resolution you are recording in, the video stream you are viewing, and the monitor you are using, there maybe trimming of the frame to fit.

Example: You can record in a 4MP resolution, view a 720p stream, on a 1080P monitor - somethings will get trimmed in the process ( or scaled / transformed.. )

Also note:
If you search the model on google he would have found the following link in the first page of returned results
Informations about Dahua IPC-HFW4433F-ZSA

In that thread:

Fenderman on the 2nd post: "hacked china region camera...avoid..."

Remember to keep that camera isolated from the internet, as with most security cameras it is just a question when it will get hacked.

Last edited: