Corrupt or disc error: 8000ffff

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This had shown up and after reading here,.. I had wiped the DB folder and all seemed good - although I didn't see anything logged when it was supposed to do any work at 2am.

Thought all was good, but a couple of nights later its now come back again overnight.

Had verified that the folder along with a few others were excluded from AV.

Disc is a new WD purple 4TB,.. all else seems fine.

Thoughts ?

EDIT: Reading this thread now. Forgot to mention its BI5,.. v5.0.2.2.

Last edited:

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Updated last night,.. no error logged at 2am this morning.

Is there a way to check that it actually did anything as part of the scheduled 2am job ?

cferd5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you Walrus, I had this same issue and wasn't aware of the fix. I had unchecked the option in settings. Just ran Compact/Repair manually and no error reported.

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updated last night,.. no error logged at 2am this morning.

Is there a way to check that it actually did anything as part of the scheduled 2am job ?
Not that I am aware of but if you reassures you, I reported this issue BI support last Wednesday and got the response from Ken? (They didn’t sign the email) that version 5.0.2.4 fixes this issue.

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks,... What's the mechanism to trigger this compact/repair manually ? Just change the scheduled time ? Or is there a more scientific approach ?

gotitmadecij

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was getting the same error, I deleted the db file in the Blue Iris folder , nothing worked . I contacted Ken who stated he had found an issue and that the latest update would address this issue. I updated and it fixed it for me...