Corrupted Image

ogden

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey just a quick question about image corruption on blueiris since I'm sort of at a loss, support is lacking, and this community hasn't failed me yet!

I have 3 cameras overlooking a pool deck. After catching some minors breaking in and breaking some glass in the pool I went to review the footage only to find the clip was corrupted! I logged into the cameras and rebooted them and everything seemed fine but 10 or so minutes later I noticed the feed into blue iris was again corrupted.

Nothing has been changed on the system afaik and the camera feeds themselves seem to be streaming fine. From what I noticed it seems to happen when blueiris detects motion but it's not always the case and the CPU is steady about 35% the whole time while ram sits happily at 22%.

Cameras are feeding 2688x1520 @ 15fps with I frames every 15 seconds. I assumed the shortened iframe interval would clear the artifacting but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any ideas where to look first?

Let me know what I can post to help.

PC:
Intel Core i5-3570K @3.65 GHz
16GB Ram
250GB SSD for DB and Active
4TB for Store

Cameras:
IPC-HFW5431E-Z5

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey just a quick question about image corruption on blueiris since I'm sort of at a loss, support is lacking, and this community hasn't failed me yet!

I have 3 cameras overlooking a pool deck. After catching some minors breaking in and breaking some glass in the pool I went to review the footage only to find the clip was corrupted! I logged into the cameras and rebooted them and everything seemed fine but 10 or so minutes later I noticed the feed into blue iris was again corrupted.

Nothing has been changed on the system afaik and the camera feeds themselves seem to be streaming fine. From what I noticed it seems to happen when blueiris detects motion but it's not always the case and the CPU is steady about 35% the whole time while ram sits happily at 22%.

Cameras are feeding 2688x1520 @ 15fps with I frames every 15 seconds. I assumed the shortened iframe interval would clear the artifacting but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any ideas where to look first?

Let me know what I can post to help.

PC:
Intel Core i5-3570K @3.65 GHz
16GB Ram
250GB SSD for DB and Active
4TB for Store

Cameras:
IPC-HFW5431E-Z5
post your cameras video tab settings (from the camera interface)

ogden

n3wb
Reaction score
ah fantastic, I needed to search rainbow ::facepalm:: Thank you for the thread!

ogden

n3wb
Reaction score
I updated thinking maybe it was something that changed with windows 10

ogden

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah it was in version 4 as well but I'm not sure the exact version I was on before the upgrade... BVR is unchecked, and I left acceleration on default as I'm not entirely sure this chip has quicksync or whatever the hardware 264 is called. There is actually a Intel graphics update for the system so I'm going to give that a shot real quick.