Costing out a new CCTV setup

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm costing out a new CCTV setup and it would be great for the experts to look over what I'm about to buy to see if I've chosen anything wrong. I'm planning on using blue iris or zoneminder on a PC I already have as a NVR.

My house is well lit on the front, and dark on the back, hence the mix of colour cams and IR cams. I'm planning on having the switch and PC put in the loft. I'm based in the UK hence the aliexpress and amazon links.

Have I made any glaring mistakes, any obvious cost savings you can see?

Also what mounting boxes should I get for the cams?

Link to spreadsheet

Cheers,

P

Reaction score
Instead of getting the WD Black drive, it is recommended that you go with the WD Purple drive as it is designed for CCTV applications.

It is possible to get those cams from Andy without going through Aliexpress. Send him an email at kingsecurity2014@163.com or shoot him a PM here to @EMPIRETECANDY

Before you purchase the 4K-T cams in 3.6mm, use one of the T5442T-ZE cams on a test rig, set the cam to about 3.6mm, and see if you are getting the view that you want. NO need to buy everything all at once. Test your plan's cam positions before you run cable and mount cams.

Test Rig.JPG

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm costing out a new CCTV setup and it would be great for the experts to look over what I'm about to buy to see if I've chosen anything wrong. I'm planning on using blue iris or zoneminder on a PC I already have as a NVR.

My house is well lit on the front, and dark on the back, hence the mix of colour cams and IR cams. I'm planning on having the switch and PC put in the loft. I'm based in the UK hence the aliexpress and amazon links.

Have I made any glaring mistakes, any obvious cost savings you can see?

Also what mounting boxes should I get for the cams?

Link to spreadsheet

Cheers,

P
You can view the selection of mounting boxes on Dahuas site, for each model.
It depends on your mounting methods.
Dahua Technology - Leading Video Surveillance Solution Provider with CCTV Produc

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - Junction boxes .. I like the PFA-121 and PFA-122 as the base is the same - just the lids are different ..