Could use suggestions for a video trigger fault on 3 cams

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have three "better" cameras in the front of my house. One on the left, one in the middle, one on the right. They all generally face forward with the two end cams "crisscrossing" each other's video paths.
I did it this way to capture foot and car traffic coming from/to left/right and the middle camera is mainly for anyone coming to the front door where it's mounted.
They're decent cameras (Left-Cam50 is a Dahua SD49225-SD, center-Cam55 is a Loryta IPC-T2347G-LU and right-Cam59 is a Dahua 42212TNI)
My BI dedicated PC is an Intel i5-12400 CPU, and my average CPU usage, even on windy days, is 2-3%, HD free space generally around 2Tb.
Occasionally when a car goes down the street, nominal speed ~30mph, the initial camera may pick it up, middle one may skip it, or the car "zips" across the screen, and the third one may catch it.
Same thing can happen with a person is walking on the sidewalk. It isn't always one camera where the trigger subject may "zip" quickly across the video field.
This issue varies, next time it may be the opposite side camera that first encounters the trigger may not even "see" the car until it's through the entire frame, then go red and either not record it or record a fragment of the car.
Much of the time the cameras work as expected but I haven't been able to troubleshoot why this occasionally happens and what could possibly be causing this.
This has been an issue for many months so I've played around with the settings/triggers but ultimately I'm always trying to make the camera's all similar in trigger based settings to always work in unison.
I prefer not to have one camera automatically be the trigger for the other two. I really just want to see if, with anyone's ideas, I can nail this down.
If I could anticipate this happening and get a video of what I see to show everyone it might help but no way I can do that and/or be waiting for a car to come down our cul-de-sac.
If you've read this far then thanks and if you have any ideas, I'd appreciate hearing them. I thought when I upgrade my pc and have very low CPU usage that would have fixed it but it didn't.

FireShot Pro Webpage Screenshot #016 - 'weather UI3' - jumpto.marklyn.net.png
In the frames above, if a car is coming from left to right, I should see it steady on the left camera first, middle one next and right one last. Sometimes that doesn't happen, it may not show up on one or zip across another!?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If this is happening in recorded video and you are using motion detection to trigger the recording you have something set incorrectly in BI or the cams. You will need to post your settings. Particularly the cameras own video settings.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If this is happening in recorded video and you are using motion detection to trigger the recording you have something set incorrectly in BI or the cams. You will need to post your settings. Particularly the cameras own video settings.
Should I post the settings only for the 3 cameras I mentioned or BI general settings? Also, how to post them, a reg file or screen shots of a specific tab for each camera?. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Should I post the settings only for the 3 cameras I mentioned or BI general settings? Also, how to post them, a reg file or screen shots of a specific tab for each camera?. Thanks
Post the settings from the cameras own web interface the video settings. Screenshots. Also post your Blue Iris record tab and motion settings. Screenshots.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought I'd start with the settings for my CAM50 first and see if anything obvious jumps out because this is the camera I notice the issue on most of the time. If you need the other two after looking at this I can do it.
In the motion sensor settings change the algorithm to simple rather than edge vector. If that does not resolve it I would lower the detection time. A vehicle traveling at 40mph is moving at almost 40 feet per second.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In the motion sensor settings change the algorithm to simple rather than edge vector. If that does not resolve it I would lower the detection time. A vehicle traveling at 40mph is moving at almost 40 feet per second.
I will try the algorithm change but we're the last house before the end of a cul-de-sac so 95% of the car speeds are ~25mph. Still, I'll lower the detection time anyways.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I will try the algorithm change but we're the last house before the end of a cul-de-sac so 95% of the car speeds are ~25mph. Still, I'll lower the detection time anyways.
The algorithm change is not related to the speed. Speed was only a consideration in lowering the make time.