fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Same situation here...
Blue Iris with 4 cam running i7700k - CPU 15% - GPU 20%
cloning the 4 cam => CPU 30% - GPU 20%
Cam are mixed of h265 and h264

Each original cam is designated as clone master

Original are used only for Record (video and jpeg) and Alert when external trigger occured (URL call)
Clone are used for motion detection, recording only jpeg

here under blueiris status
did you hide the cloned camera from the display?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes, I do....
is there anything specific that do this CPU increase ? if i disable one cloned cam, CPU decrease
If you hide the camera from the display you should not see a cpu increase with the clone. Post a screenshot of the status >cameras page

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you applying AI from another program to the cloned cameras?

VLITKOWSKI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I cloned cam from another....Is it the good procedure, or should I add new one using "ip" and not copy from ?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use the BI clone function. Then set the camera the original camera to clone master, and the actual clone camera to uncheck clone master. I set the clone camera to enabled and hidden. On the clone I turn off all motion detection and other processing features.

My question is why the FPS/KEY does not match on the cameras, like 192.168.3.33.

Are you recording continuously or only on motion ? If continuously then the clip numbers should match.

VLITKOWSKI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use the BI clone function. Then set the camera the original camera to clone master, and the actual clone camera to uncheck clone master. I set the clone camera to enabled and hidden. On the clone I turn off all motion detection and other processing features.

My question is why the FPS/KEY does not match on the cameras, like 192.168.3.33.

Are you recording continuously or only on motion ? If continuously then the clip numbers should match.
Regarding 192.168.3.33 - FPS/Key has been fixed ... -> no impact of CPU usage
I'm recording only on motion recording is done on Cloned Camera while motion detection is on clone