CPU Maxed unusable after November updates

lambodad

n3wb
Reaction score
November was the last time I was able to use my Blue Iris without 2 minutes delays between clicks because the CPU and memory are maxed all the time. I have since kept the software updated I think 2 or 3 revision since then and it has not gotten any better.... currently 4.6.6.0 I am running a Intel Core i7-7700 3.6 GHz (4 cores) with 16GB of memory and an SSD. I run 29 Amcrest HD cameras and they are all set to the best practices settings outlined in this post Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage | IP Cam TalkI can get the CPU back down to 80% and the memory goes to 93%by disabling about 4 CAMs Prior to November I was running at 85% with all the Cams and I have not touched any settings at all. Any suggestions? Would thowing a faster CPU or more memory make any significant difference?

lambodad

n3wb
Reaction score
Want to update after reading more posts with similar issues. I am running an Intel Board with integrated graphics and read this post 8th Gen I7-8700 Intel Graphics 630 -100% CPU issue

SO I check device manager in windows 10, and I have a Intel HD Graphics 630 that was updated 10/17/2017 so I did a driver rollback and will see if that helps

lambodad

n3wb
Reaction score
Update... no difference Even with 5 cameras disabled the CPU and memory are both maxed, Open to ANY suggestions, I have a useless system right now.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Update... no difference Even with 5 cameras disabled the CPU and memory are both maxed, Open to ANY suggestions, I have a useless system right now.
Try disableing hardware acceleration