CPU usage from my Old Geovision Card

sydnew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does Blue Iris hardware accelerator supports decrease CPU usage for RTSP stream coming from my GEovision PCI DVR? I already enable the Intel HD hardware Acceleration (yes H.264) and the H.264 decode (yes+VPP) in Cameras' Video tab and the CPU usage is still high. I just want to use my Sony effios low light analog camera to record non essential place but my CPU usage for 8 camera is is already 50% (non recording) unlike my DVR software effortlessly using 10~15% with 16 camera(while recording). I only need 8 analog camera + 4 4mp and 4 2mp to run on blue iris.

heres my pc specs:
Core i3 4130
GA B85M HD3
8 Gb RAM
Windows 7 64 bit
Blue Iris paid ver.

Geovision 1120 DVR Card 16 ch'

Last question, is Dahua 2MP Starlight IP Camera IPC-HDW4233C compatible with Blue Iris? is there a list of compatible Ip camera that wil work with BI? I m sorry for asking this question, Im just a newbie when it comes to IP camera. my knowledge is limited to my older system which allow analog + ip camera but wont allow third party to stream in unless you bought their very expensive licence and ip camera. tnx.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does Blue Iris hardware accelerator supports decrease CPU usage for RTSP stream coming from my GEovision PCI DVR? I already enable the Intel HD hardware Acceleration (yes H.264) and the H.264 decode (yes+VPP) in Cameras' Video tab and the CPU usage is still high. I just want to use my Sony effios low light analog camera to record non essential place but my CPU usage for 8 camera is is already 50% (non recording) unlike my DVR software effortlessly using 10~15% with 16 camera(while recording). I only need 8 analog camera + 4 4mp and 4 2mp to run on blue iris.

heres my pc specs:
Core i3 4130
GA B85M HD3
8 Gb RAM
Windows 7 64 bit
Blue Iris paid ver.

Geovision 1120 DVR Card 16 ch'

Last question, is Dahua 2MP Starlight IP Camera IPC-HDW4233C compatible with Blue Iris? is there a list of compatible Ip camera that wil work with BI? I m sorry for asking this question, Im just a newbie when it comes to IP camera. my knowledge is limited to my older system which allow analog + ip camera but wont allow third party to stream in unless you bought their very expensive licence and ip camera. tnx.
The cpu use of low res video is already very low...dont use vpp....Are you using direct to disc? Your load is not a result of the analog card but because of the high res ip cameras...
all dahua cameras are compatible with BI
you can try the latest feature to lower cpu usage - video tab, limit decoding unless required...
50 percent is a good number for that processor and your load, its weak..

sydnew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
tnx for reply,

I havent recording using BI or using IP camera yet, I m just streaming through 8 analog camera on 40% CPU usage while my DVR
software use only 10% for 16 ch including recording that gives a total of 50%. If I stream 16 analog Camera in BI it gives me 80+% CPU usage but I m going to use only 8 Analog to pair it with 8 IP cams. This is important to me to determine weather to upgrade to i5 or i7 haswell processor because I dont have any idea about the CPU usage with 4 4mp(15FPS) and 4 2mp(7fps) each camera if I upgrade now to IP Camera, I just want the cheapest route if possible. btw my GPU Z load is 7 percent only and and BI uses 5% in CPU.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
tnx for reply,

I havent recording using BI or using IP camera yet, I m just streaming through 8 analog camera on 40% CPU usage while my DVR
software use only 10% for 16 ch including recording that gives a total of 50%. If I stream 16 analog Camera in BI it gives me 80+% CPU usage but I m going to use only 8 Analog to pair it with 8 IP cams. This is important to me to determine weather to upgrade to i5 or i7 haswell processor because I dont have any idea about the CPU usage with 4 4mp(15FPS) and 4 2mp(7fps) each camera if I upgrade now to IP Camera, I just want the cheapest route if possible. btw my GPU Z load is 7 percent only and and BI uses 5% in CPU.
You have setup blue iris wrong...see wiki...you need to use direct to disc

sydnew

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You have setup blue iris wrong...see wiki...you need to use direct to disc
I did the D2D and still the same, I guest my analog cards' GV Mobile Server is the culprit for high CPU usage since it encode h264 codec and stream it through BI while my card is using MJPEG. well thats my understanding. anyway thanks for the help.