CPU Usage Issues

Reaction score
help!!! may cpu is burning hot at 91%, is there any changes in cpu utilization upon updating? I observered increase in temperature upon updating, set is still the same. previous cpu utilization is 45-55%

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
help!!! may cpu is burning hot at 91%, is there any changes in cpu utilization upon updating? I observered increase in temperature upon updating, set is still the same. previous cpu utilization is 45-55%
No one can help you if you dont post your load, cpu, cameras resolution and frame rates...versions of blue iris.etc...DISABLE AUTO UPDATE.

Reaction score
I had a similar issue, but changing direct to disk in bi, reducing the frame rate and using h264 over Mjpeg and turning off any sub streams from the camera dropped me down to about 28% on 9 cameras.
I wouldn't figure that the sub-streams affect BI's performance, as BI is not using them for anything. Am I wrong about this?

dgreene157

n3wb
Reaction score
I wouldn't figure that the sub-streams affect BI's performance, as BI is not using them for anything. Am I wrong about this?
I was told by the camera bi God on here that it did...so I turned them off along with the other changes. At a minimum it reduces network traffic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I was told by the camera bi God on here that it did...so I turned them off along with the other changes. At a minimum it reduces network traffic

Can any one discuss the effect of sub stream? Why the camera manufacturer included this features?

dgreene157

n3wb
Reaction score
Makes sense.

I just took AVG off the server and went from 70s to occasional high 90s to 50s....
Avg sucks anyway, but you can keep it if you exclude the bi directories and files as noted in the bi instructions under networking

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can any one discuss the effect of sub stream? Why the camera manufacturer included this features?
Substreams set to a lower resolution can be helpful when viewing the camera directly over a slower remote connection.

On the other hand, you can set the substream to be better. For example, if you only want to record at 10 FPS, but want to see 30 FPS when viewing live. In that case, set the main stream and the substream to the same resolution, and set the FPS different on each. Have the NVR record the main stream.

Reaction score
Avg sucks anyway, but you can keep it if you exclude the bi directories and files as noted in the bi instructions under networking
I had already done that some time ago. Taking the paid AVG off of there entirely made a dramatic change for the better.

The only software I run on there is BI with a Firefox browser for updates, etc. No email client, etc, and I am the only one who can log into it, good backups, etc., so I feel comfortable running without anti-virus.

Reaction score
Substreams set to a lower resolution can be helpful when viewing the camera directly over a slower remote connection.

On the other hand, you can set the substream to be better. For example, if you only want to record at 10 FPS, but want to see 30 FPS when viewing live. In that case, set the main stream and the substream to the same resolution, and set the FPS different on each. Have the NVR record the main stream.
Thanks for the info aristrobrat