CPU useage What is normal?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to start over.
1) do a clean install of windows 10. Do not install any other crap software.
2) install bi. The latest stable version. 5.4.9.18
3) define one camera in bi correctly. Only one camera.
4) posted the requested screen shots, from my previous post.

We will start from there.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your screenshot right here shows you are not using substreams.... There should be a subFPS and Sub Bitrate and you have none of that. That is the reason for the high CPU, among it appears other issues. Double cameras that are not clones so it is pulling the stream twice... Someone here is running 50 cams on a 4th generation at 30% CPU. As SouthernYankee said, start over.

1634821466849.png

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
then what is all the crap on the task manager screen copy ? A clean install does not have those programs running.

Start over.

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Your screenshot right here shows you are not using substreams.... There should be a subFPS and Sub Bitrate and you have none of that. That is the reason for the high CPU, among it appears other issues. Double cameras that are not clones so it is pulling the stream twice... Someone here is running 50 cams on a 4th generation at 30% CPU. As SouthernYankee said, start over.

View attachment 105629
I don't understand, because the MainSTreams_AI do use the substreams. They are configured for the right address and also are 1280p instead of 4K. What am I doing wrong?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See this: Sub Stream Guide

It's always best to use a dedicated machine for only BI.
Be sure you are doing the clean install by using the MS Media Creation Tool, and NOT from a computer manufacture's restore disc or partition.
Be sure you have excluded BI from windows defender, as per the BI help file.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't understand, because the MainSTreams_AI do use the substreams. They are configured for the right address and also are 1280p instead of 4K. What am I doing wrong?
Go to your camera setup screen and it should look something like this:

1634843073631.png

It is obviously camera brand dependent, but your sub stream profile is blank or you would be showing a substream FPS and bitrate in the BI camera status.

Plus 1280p is way to high for a substream...