Crash

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
A small tractor being loaded onto a trailer, slips off the ramps and crashes in the street.

Inexperienced skidsteer operator. I have seen many guys load a skid steer into the back of a dump truck with no ramps. He was way too far over onto the side angle iron of the ramps. Glad he wasn't hurt. I have loaded and unloaded heavy equipment from trailers for the better part of 30 years and never tipped one over, yet. Had a couple of excavators about launch me through the excavator wind shield, but I didn't have a safety belt on, my fault.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
What got me was that on his first attempt he was actually centered on both ramps. Then he pulled off of them, for the most part, and tried again off center on the ramp on the right. Poor location of the ramps. I use ramps to load mowers, lawn or garden tractors, into my pick-up and always load down hill to cut the angle of attack. Never lost one yet.

Last edited:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
"A minivan is just what its name implies — a small (mini=small, except among mice) van. And of course, a van is shaped, more or less, like a loaf of bread. An SUV, in contrast, is shaped like a small loaf of bread sitting on top of a larger loaf of bread. Neither is particularly voluptuous, sensuous or even organic. But the minivan (single loaf) is generally regarded as being less attractive — and perhaps less dynamic — than the SUV (two-loaf) profile."

Sorry, I always like to pick on min......uh, SUV owners....:lol:

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Appears to be loading up hill instead of on the down slope.
Did he try it again?
Yes, after getting it working, he loaded it on the trailer on the down slope. He had to refill at least 3 different fluids before he tried to restart it. The engine started right up. Those little tractors must be hard to damage.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, after getting it working, he loaded it on the trailer on the down slope. He had to refill at least 3 different fluids before he tried to restart it. The engine started right up. Those little tractors must be hard to damage.
I wonder if he pulled the plugs or injectors and spun the motor over with no compression. If the motor had been hydro locked from laying on its side, he could have easily bent a connecting rod or broke the crank. Seen that happen a few times.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Guy in white wasn't very careful with his foot / leg placement whilst turning it back over. The operator looked like he'd got steel capped trainers and was keeping his legs way back in case it toppled back. The Guy in white had his feet and legs undeneath it whilst wearing what looked like more ordinary trainers. :oops:

I somehow can't help but feel this could have taken a turn for the worse.

Reaction score
When I saw it fall over, I was hoping the guy would be ok. Glad it had side grates to stop him from getting his arm outside and losing it.

Back when I was a teenager, about 50 years ago, my cousin worked as a forklift operator in a warehouse. He was working a late shift loading pallets on semis and was backing out of a trailer and turned as he was backing. The forklift fell off the loading dock and his arm was pinned and crushed above the elbow as the forklift was on its side, much like in this video. He blead out long before they could get the forklift off of him.