Customize Push Alerts

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought I'd experiment w/ getting push alerts on an outdoor camera that doesn't get a lot of false alarm motion triggers, but along with the normal motion alerts, I'm getting a ton of "Signal network retry" alerts from cameras that don't even have push turned on. Anyone know if there is any place in BI to customize this and to turn off the network retry alerts? Thanks!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought I'd experiment w/ getting push alerts on an outdoor camera that doesn't get a lot of false alarm motion triggers, but along with the normal motion alerts, I'm getting a ton of "Signal network retry" alerts from cameras that don't even have push turned on. Anyone know if there is any place in BI to customize this and to turn off the network retry alerts? Thanks!!
Make sure to disable your watchdog alerts.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Man, you always come to the rescue. I really appreciate it!

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I misunderstood this and mistakenly turned off Watchdog on each camera. Noticed cameras not reconnecting and realized what I had done - turned that back on. So is there a specific place to turn off the alerts in this case?

When I go to a camera > Alerts > Profile - drop down to Watchdog, I don't see anything checked there for alerts, so I'm guessing I'm looking in the wrong places. Looked in help file but couldn't find anything specific to this.

Thanks a lot!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I misunderstood this and mistakenly turned off Watchdog on each camera. Noticed cameras not reconnecting and realized what I had done - turned that back on. So is there a specific place to turn off the alerts in this case?

When I go to a camera > Alerts > Profile - drop down to Watchdog, I don't see anything checked there for alerts, so I'm guessing I'm looking in the wrong places. Looked in help file but couldn't find anything specific to this.

Thanks a lot!
It should be there...check each of your cameras.
If you simply want to disable alerts for watchdog you can also simply go to the watchdog tab in each cam and uncheck "trigger alert after"

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok. I made sure Camera Properties > Watchdog > Trigger alert is unchecked. Pretty sure it was unchecked by default, actually. Here's a screenshot of Alerts > Profile > Watchdog:

Am I missing anything here or do you think it's a bug I should email support about?

Thank you!

Attachments

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah, found it. I was browsing all the help files and stumbled on it where I didn't expect to. In case it might help someone:

Go to Status (icon at the top) > Messages tab > Status alerts (button on bottom) > then you see the options there to push certain status alerts.