CyberPower CP850PFCLDC UPS/Surge protector users?

JamesR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This thing>> https://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP850PFCLCD-Sinewave-Compatible-Mini-Tower/dp/B00429N18S
Anyone here using it and have any feedback to share? I like the pure Sinewave feature and the surge joule rating is the same as its big brother 1500 series unit. I do not need a lot of runtime on the battery because my house has a 16KW Generac that switches over as backup in a matter of seconds in the event of a power failure. So a few minutes of runtime is sufficient. Just looking to see if anyone had anything good or bad to say about it? I'd like 2 of them. One for my NVR with its built in POE and one for my PC/modem/router. They are not in the same part of the house, So I can't connect all of them to one UPS.
..Thanks in advance

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This thing>> https://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP850PFCLCD-Sinewave-Compatible-Mini-Tower/dp/B00429N18S
Anyone here using it and have any feedback to share? I like the pure Sinewave feature and the surge joule rating is the same as its big brother 1500 series unit. I do not need a lot of runtime on the battery because my house has a 16KW Generac that switches over as backup in a matter of seconds in the event of a power failure. So a few minutes of runtime is sufficient. Just looking to see if anyone had anything good or bad to say about it? I'd like 2 of them. One for my NVR with its built in POE and one for my PC/modem/router. They are not in the same part of the house, So I can't connect all of them to one UPS.
..Thanks in advance
I have a bunch of these at the office...very happy..

JamesR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fenderman, that is very good to hear. Thank you for the prompt feedback, I really appreciate it.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have one of these and it works great so far.

Question:
Is it OK to use these with this or any UPS?
Power Extension Cord Cable

I have a couple of the larger wall-wart type plugs that will not all fit next to each other or may fall out due to size.

JamesR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I see no issue running an extension cable like that off of the rear. I have some power packs plugged into the back of mine and they are large so they block the adjacent receptacle. A small extension cable would fix that issue.
FYI..... going to put a scope on the output of this UPS to see how clean the sine wave actually is.