D-Link focussing problem

Trevor

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, newbie here

I don't see a dedicated D-Link group listed so not sure if this is the place to ask about these cameras. Apologies if not.

I'm using a D-Link DCS-5222LB which I access over the WAN from public WiFi points.

The problem is I get a blurred image if I switch from Night view to Day view when using MyDlink Lite. In other words the image is sharply focused in B/W but goes blurry when switching to color. I hope the attached screenshots show what I'm talking about.

The maximum resolution of this camera is 720 and I have it set to that.

I called D-Link tech support but they aren't sure what the problem could be. They couldn't see any configuration setting that might be causing it.

Is it likely this is a bandwidth issue and that public WiFi points can't stream the data fast enough?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Thanks for reading
Trevor

Attachments

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, newbie here

I don't see a dedicated D-Link group listed so not sure if this is the place to ask about these cameras. Apologies if not.

I'm using a D-Link DCS-5222LB which I access over the WAN from public WiFi points.

The problem is I get a blurred image if I switch from Night view to Day view when using MyDlink Lite. In other words the image is sharply focused in B/W but goes blurry when switching to color. I hope the attached screenshots show what I'm talking about.

The maximum resolution of this camera is 720 and I have it set to that.

I called D-Link tech support but they aren't sure what the problem could be. They couldn't see any configuration setting that might be causing it.

Is it likely this is a bandwidth issue and that public WiFi points can't stream the data fast enough?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Thanks for reading
Trevor
Turn on the lights in the room, does it get any better?

Trevor

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. You're way ahead of me. Thanks. It only occured to me yesterday that it might have to do with amount of light in the room. I had tested it before leaving my apt and it was fine. When I logged into a wifi point outside, the image was blurred again but noticed that the room was a bit dimmer because of the slightly over cast sky. I usually have lights on when at home so was seeing a sharp image everytime hence I was a bit slow making the connection. Duh!
Thanks again.
Trevor