Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
no sd slot no auto tracking for starters

yes Andy had to special order it for me

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats not what I said; like the EcoStarlight you can spend more and get a Ultra Starlight.. and if money is no object and your looking for the absolute best then its just $150; or if you know you want/need features on the pro cameras it'll be worthwhile.

Ive had a fuck of a time trying to convince people to just invest a lil more into a Dahua PTZ; before this camera the only $350 All Weather Dahua PTZ's did not come with IR and were dome covered.. not really what anyone here even wants.. It got alot easier yesterday for me to argue against cheap junk PTZ's that pollute the market place.

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
thats not what I said; like the EcoStarlight you can spend more and get a Ultra Starlight.. and if money is no object and your looking for the absolute best then its just $150; or if you know you want/need features on the pro cameras it'll be worthwhile.

Ive had a fuck of a time trying to convince people to just invest a lil more into a Dahua PTZ; before this camera the only $350 All Weather Dahua PTZ's did not come with IR and were dome covered.. not really what anyone here even wants.. It got alot easier yesterday for me to argue against cheap junk PTZ's that pollute the market place.
Well money is an object, Auto tracking sounds cool, I dunno how well it works, I don't really care about SD slot I store everything on the server, was just wondering if the picture quality is considerably better, is the pro considerably faster, is there any compelling feature, or is it double the money for not much gain. :)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well money is an object, Auto tracking sounds cool, I dunno how well it works, I don't really care about SD slot I store everything on the server, was just wondering if the picture quality is considerably better, is the pro considerably faster, is there any compelling feature, or is it double the money for not much gain. :)
For the vast majority of consumers a PTZ is more of a toy than a tool.. and in that perspective I think most people will take a $350 Toy that can do 98% everything a $500 toy can do.. If you could get craftsman at harbor freight for a little more than the native junk, nobody would get anything from sears anymore.

This is the most consumer friendly PTZ Dahua has put on the market, and Dahua's been the king of PTZ's for this entire decade at least

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
For the vast majority of consumers a PTZ is more of a toy than a tool.. and in that perspective I think most people will take a $350 Toy that can do 98% everything a $500 toy can do.. If you could get craftsman at harbor freight for a little more than the native junk, nobody would get anything from sears anymore.

This is the most consumer friendly PTZ Dahua has put on the market, and Dahua's been the king of PTZ's for this entire decade at least
Not arguing man, for me it will be both, toy and tool, not that I'm going nuts but yeah, I don't mind getting into professional level gear for my hobbies lol. Ima contact Andy and see what the turnaround would be now.

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
check one of the first pictures you can see the wall mount i very quickly mounted it since i wanted to play with it indoor testing was very quick
yes paypal was how i payed
i did have to wait till he got the camera in hand
once he had it ...it was like 4 days to my door

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
forgot to post it earlier

but zoomed in max on truck that had some ice on it maybe 15feet? away

View attachment 13755

Every time you post pics or videos you make me hate the Chinese new year more and more. I'm telling people to be patient until Andy gets back, but deep down I'm becoming the most impatient person i know lol.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Message sent to Andy if he doesn't see it here lol dahua is killing it!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If it's like my turret most settings have auto? Which I effing love lol.
there is a lot of autos so it just figuring out whats best i have not messed with it *YET*

i have changed the iFrame rate now for right now its set 25 frames/sec

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
there is a lot of autos so it just figuring out whats best i have not messed with it *YET*

i have changed the iFrame rate now for right now its set 25 frames/sec
Yeah the dahua likes to set the iframe to double the frame rate, afaik it should match the frame rate so I changed mine.