Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yeah the pictures/videos had it at 50 now im at 25

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a space constraint. Anyone know what the missing dimension is?

Never mind, found it.

upload_2017-1-6_14-37-50.png

Last edited:

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Apparently the ŵall mount accessory is include with the purchase. Estimating the height of that bracket at about 2", then the total height would be approximately 9.5"

If you look at my market shed photo to the left, you can see a small space at the apex of the gable, with a shed roof under it.

Last edited:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently the ŵall mount accessory is include with the purchase. Estimating the height of that bracket at about 2", then the total height would be approximately 9.5"
uhm, your math is wrong.. 295mm = 11.6in, did you subtract the height of the bracket or something?

even if you subtract the mounting ring which is only partially recessed, thats 9.5in w/out bracket at all.

I think around 11-12in is going to be total height w/bracket.. can you measure it for us?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if they dont come out with a starlight mini-black face ptz I may grab one of these for the front door.. I can mount it where the house splits levels on the horizontal soffit and have it hang down so only the black face drops below the entry way overhang.. only 5.3in would hang down and it would appear much smaller than it is from my front door.

only problem means we cant plant anything in that rock garden infront of our window and I wanted to plant something thorny and a pain to get through.. but thats low.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
if they dont come out with a starlight mini-black face ptz I may grab one of these for the front door.. I can mount it where the house splits levels on the horizontal soffit and have it hang down so only the black face drops below the entry way overhang.. only 5.3in would hang down and it would appear much smaller than it is from my front door.

only problem means we cant plant anything in that rock garden infront of our window and I wanted to plant something thorny and a pain to get through.. but thats low.
do you want the mini for form factor, or some other reason?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
this thing would be a bit intimidating to mount right next to my front door heh, from the sidewalk all my cameras are pretty damn discrete.. I guess if I landscape that area I could hide it better..

many of my neighbors know I have cameras; but most dont know where they are.. I'd probably paint it all black and mount it to my black brick

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I've compared the two models and the only thing I really see that you get for almost double is electronic image stabilization and auto tracking, not worth it to me. @ldasilva do you notice any issues with image stabilization? I'm pretty damn set, if Andy says he can get me one I'm ready to pay, I'll probably do paypal this time instead of going through alieexpress.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
this is where im thinking: ownCloud

image stabilization is only needed if your pole mounting it, if its mounted to a wall its not going to be moving unless you suck at installs.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
this is where im thinking: ownCloud

image stabilization is only needed if your pole mounting it, if its mounted to a wall its not going to be moving unless you suck at installs.

LOL!!! Two or four bolts into an overhang, should be a piece of cake lol. Looked into own cloud, thought it was cool, never really needed it though. Some people like to use it to get away from google though.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I keep all my stuff in house but I do like being able to sync and easily access files from any of my devices so I run it on my NAS.