Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I finally am getting stuff back together after the move. BI won't support PTZ with my camera anymore. It works in a web browser.

brcarls

n3wb
Reaction score
I had that happen. I cloned the camera in Blue Iris so I wouldn't lose everything if it went badly. Then I hit the Find/Inspect button which changed the way BI interfaced with the camera and fixed PTZ control.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I found another device that worked this morning but will tinker more later.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The firmware for the PTZ cam didn't work. I also bricked one of my 2mp starlights. Not quite sure what happened.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I finally am getting stuff back together after the move. BI won't support PTZ with my camera anymore. It works in a web browser.
On the PTZ tab in BI, in camera settings, check that PTZ is enabled, also, in the drop down, if it's set for ONVIF, change it to Dahua new V4.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
SD49225T-HN Ptz but found some settings that got the ptz/ control working. Everything worked fine until the last turret cam. I found the power connection loose on the poe switch. It must have gotten bumped.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have also one 49225 not responing any more on IP level. When i reset the POE power from the switch port it does its startup sequence so it seems to be alive for that part.
Network is a ubiquty unifi 24 port 250 Watt switch. The other 49225 and other cams work ok.

Would a hard reset be helpfull ? If i take it down, i can try another cable also i guess.
Wondering if you ever fixed this cam not registering on network? have this exact issue with my 49225 now...powers up...not seen on network..

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Wondering if you ever fixed this cam not registering on network? have this exact issue with my 49225 now...powers up...not seen on network..
Have you downloaded the Dahua Toolbox and looked in the config tool?

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you downloaded the Dahua Toolbox and looked in the config tool?
config tool doesnt see it....on any subnet whatsoever....the camera definitely is powering up when I cut power to my tp-link POE switch and plug it back in...

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
P
config tool doesnt see it....on any subnet whatsoever....the camera definitely is powering up when I cut power to my tp-link POE switch and plug it back in...
Probably not related but I had one recently do something very similar, turned out to be corroded rj45 connector :facepalm:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Be sure to read the instructions on how to properly use the config tool. Upper right corner, third icon from the right.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you bench test this before mounting, using a good pre-made cable?
More times than not, issue's like these are cable related. Poor crimps, poor cable, etc.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you bench test this before mounting, using a good pre-made cable?
More times than not, issue's like these are cable related. Poor crimps, poor cable, etc.
absolutely...it's been running great for maybe 3 years or something

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
One thing to check (if you use managed switches) is if the switch shows IP being assigned and also looking at the logs by MAC address and seeing last time it pulled an IP.

Can also try a simple ping test to 192.168.1.108 and see if you get a response.

Last thing would be to complete a HW factory reset on the cam itself to rule out config corruption etc