Dahua 2MP Starlight Varifocal Bullet

miceacas

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking at picking up a Dahua 2MP Starlight Varifocal Bullet: IPC-HFW5231E-Z5E

Intended use: it will be on top of my 3 story house and I want to use this location to see over my neighbors roofs (2 story) and down the street a bit. Camera will be ~40-50 feet away from the street perpendicularly, and maybe looking 30-100 feet down the street itself. Intended purpose is a good "high definition" view of the street itself, cars driving by, and people walking around.

Would this be the camera to choose for this? Obviously I understand the limitations with the distance and I know that distance at night will be a bit hard to call "sharp and high def", but I am looking for the best option, and after reading the cliff notes I think this may be it?

I will be able to somewhat hide its size and shape, so that doesn't much concern me from an aesthetics point of view.

Thanks!

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
An image of what your trying to do would help us out alot.

miceacas

n3wb
Reaction score
These are some phone pix of the cameras I want to replace. They are currently on a DVR, and I would like to transition to Blue Iris and a good night vision Dahua camera.

As you can see, not super high quality. Hopefully a Dahua option would allow for a cleaner image. I believe these are 720p.

shot of the first camera:

Last edited: