Dahua 4208 8p 4ks2 camera stays red

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys,

got an issue with installing a camera to the NVR 4208 with built in POE.
I just removed a Dahua cam and put it in another place and installed it. 2 new RJ45 connectors en plugged it in the NVR.

The NVR sees the cam but the little bulb stays red. Rebooted the thing a few times, no result.
Measured the cable and all the 8 wires are fine on both sites.

Then put the RJ 45 plug in port 8 and the cam comes online. So the cam is working correctly.
But when i placed it back on it's original place (port 4) it stays red.

What am i doing wrong???

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Try rebooting the NVR with it plugged in to the original port

Delete it from the registration page before the reboot and any copies of it with the same 10.1.1.x address

assume you didn’t change the password on it and its same as the NVR?

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try rebooting the NVR with it plugged in to the original port

Delete it from the registration page before the reboot and any copies of it with the same 10.1.1.x address

assume you didn’t change the password on it and its same as the NVR?
Hi, thanks for the reply.
Already did that a few times.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve swapped ports successfully so it can be done. The ports tend to be assigned the same IP regardless of what’s plugged into them so often an IP conflict. Usually deleting that camera, then plugging back in and waiting does the trick.

Red indicator typically means either
A) camera has password set the NVR doesn’t recognize- ie different than the NVR , in which case use the edit icon (pencil) to tell the NVR the correct pass that the camera is using
Or
B) due to manually adding the camera (don’t) or a duplicate entry, unplug cam, delete any entry referencing it (top and bottom pane on Reg page) and plugging back in the cam and allow the NVR to auto discover it. I’ve seen this take as little as 30 seconds and as long as 30 minutes.

Can you show a pic of the registration screen with the camera plugged in?

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve swapped ports successfully so it can be done. The ports tend to be assigned the same IP regardless of what’s plugged into them so often an IP conflict. Usually deleting that camera, then plugging back in and waiting does the trick.

Red indicator typically means either
A) camera has password set the NVR doesn’t recognize- ie different than the NVR , in which case use the edit icon (pencil) to tell the NVR the correct pass that the camera is using
Or
B) due to manually adding the camera (don’t) or a duplicate entry, unplug cam, delete any entry referencing it (top and bottom pane on Reg page) and plugging back in the cam and allow the NVR to auto discover it. I’ve seen this take as little as 30 seconds and as long as 30 minutes.

Can you show a pic of the registration screen with the camera plugged in?
Thanks for your input. Tonight I’m gonna try it again.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
There may be some info here that can help

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I fixed the problem. It was a wiring problem, cat 7 cable on a RJ45 jacket, asking for problems.
I also followed the manual for automatic let the NVR put the cam on the right place and port, but that did not work.
It took too much time waiting for that to happen.

Last time when adding a camera on my NVR also problems with adding them to the NVR. And 37777 instead of port 1...4...8

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes As long as you haven’t changed the password on the camera. By default, it will assume the same pass as the NVR and you should get a green indicator and a port of 1,2,3 etc. with an IP of 65,65,67 etc