Dahua 4K outside image

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am 100 percent certain it is an ip camera...Dahua calls it a network camrea..there is no analog 4k 12mp..look at the specs..it is onvif compliant and POE...dont worry about that...there are lots of ip cameras with BNC connections for aiming or a direct out to a monitor..

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am 100 percent certain it is an ip camera...Dahua calls it a network camrea..there is no analog 4k 12mp..look at the specs..it is onvif compliant and POE...dont worry about that...there are lots of ip cameras with BNC connections for aiming or a direct out to a monitor..
I can't tell you how much that means to me - Thank you sooooo much! :D

That was by far my biggest concern.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@vector18 That is a good night image, its a bit grainy when opened full screen but not too bad....Thanks for posting...

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That cam looks super nice. 7 fps shouldn't really be a deal killer for a security cam. The detail of cars and houses far down the street really beats out the 3mp from my camera nicely.

---

As far as the logitech 750e comment above, I see they really are going for a mint: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Alert-750e-Outdoor-Master-System-/181640440116?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a4a9d2934

Thus throwing more wood on the fire of my conclusion that a lot of people are insane. Good example of people not knowing wha they are doing. Here is a 4-5 year old system that has received decent reviews and, at the time, was quite good, but has since been leapfrogged by competitors, and thus discontinued (I think), but had so much footprint online that people are stumbling onto reviews that said it was great and don't realize that for the price it no longer is. At least that's my guess as to what's happening.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@LittleBrother...interesting take...i was thinking that there are folks with say, 4-5 of these..when one dies they dont want to replace the whole system...although they can for the price...the logitech has some unique functions...i believe you could record to sd card, then when you turned your pc on it would pull all the video off the card, so you dont have to leave a server running...regardless, the image quality has been surpassed and paying 600 for a used 1mp camera is INSANE...

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll tell ya, that really annoys me. I list my 4K IP camera, and have a hard time selling it for 400. That camera gets 27 bids and goes up to 600. WTF! LOL

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I am impressed by the image quality. I think I detect a bit of noise reduction in that first daytime native resolution screenshot, but it isn't a big deal and I'm sure the smoothing effect can be reduced. These are the first cams I have seen that can properly beat my old 5MP chinese models in resolution. The 10MP ACTI cameras were a joke by comparison; it looks like Dahua has the real deal. It could be a few years away still, but I can't wait for these to get down to the size and price of the 3MP mini bullets we all know and love.