Dahua 4K PTZ DH-SD8A820WA-HNF

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyway to bench test temporarily using Blue Iris?
I can bench test it hooking it up straight to my LAN/modem and using the Dahua tool box to control it from my desk top computer. I do that anyways to change the IP addresses and any other changes I want to make.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I just checked and my current Hikvision NVR is capable of "up to 80 Mbps high incoming bandwidth ensures IP cameras can be connected". Going by that I may be OK. We shall see.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Alright, some good news. Camera just went through customs in Los Angeles. :) I am around 40 miles from LAX, so it has to make its way to DHL in Long Beach and then delivery to my house. ;) Thank You Andy.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
The camera arrived today which is 2 days earlier than DHL had posted. :) I was test fitting the bracket fit at the top of the camera and it was tight and it took some work to seat it. So I filed the edges a little to get an easier fit as shown in the picture. I do not need any problems while mounting this big camera off of a ladder. So tomorrow will be the day that I mount it. One more thing. Thank You Andy for the masks. There were more than I thought there would be. :)

Dahua Bracket.JPG

Last edited:

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
cant wait to see this beast. i almost want to buy another cam just for some masks, i can't find a single N95/N99/N100 around here so i can goto the grocery store, out of eggs/breakfast. costco protein bars can get old quick lol.

Reaction score
I bought the SD8A840VI-HNI from Andy last Nov. See if you can get it to write to a NAS. My version doesn't have that option,
It only writes to the SD card.
It's very heavy. I have it on a 60 ft tower . Here's a pic before the tower went up.
The 24 v ac supply is in the mounting box and the mike just below.

Great optics

SD8A840VI-HNI.jpg

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought the SD8A840VI-HNI from Andy last Nov. See if you can get it to write to a NAS. My version doesn't have that option,
It's very heavy. I have it on a 60 ft tower . Here's a pic before the tower went up.

Great optics

View attachment 58455
ham operator?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
The new camera is mounted and online. Funny thing is my Hikvision NVR will only let me set the resolution to 2MP. Now on my 4MP Dahua cameras I can set the resolution to 4MP. However the picture does seem to be an improvement. Look at the Saipan street sign and compare the small numbers between the two pictures I have posted. Dahua 8MP on top and Hikvision 2MP on the bottom. This is as close as I can get to the same view. The Dahua camera is 16:9 aspect ratio.

Camera 6F Dahua Daylight Comparison.jpg

Camera 6F Hikvision Daylight Comparison.jpgCamera 6F Hikvision Daylight Comparison.jpg

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score

Great optics

View attachment 58455
Nice Pic I did reported this NAS writing feature earlier.. I do have theDH-SD8A840WA-HNF and I could not get it to do SMB either.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Of course this camera hooks up to my NVR, which I have 3 of and they in turn are hooked up to my LAN. I use Hikvision IVMS 4200 to view the NVR's through my desk top computer and 4K 28" monitor. I think in the daytime our cameras should be very, very close in picture quality. Like you I will be waiting for the night pictures to see if there is any improvement. :)

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Parley This is an awesome camera thank you so much for sharing the pictures. This really helps me as well and I hope others too. Thank you for taking the time to share all these good pics. I am so eager to see the night time shots LOL. Do you have some pic of the installation as well ?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
When will I be able to afford one? Hopefully Dahua can squeeze this into a 4” PTZ foam factor

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, here is a night time shot. I had to go back into the camera and put it in color. Also someone walked into the picture. :) This is the best picture I have taken of someone walking at night. Also a shot of the Hikvision at night for comparison. Look at the license plate of the black truck behind the man walking. I can make it out with the new camera. The camera wants to focus on the red Ford Explorer. I had to over ride the focus for a compromise. Dahua on top. Hikvision on the bottom. The street sign is another area to check.

Camera 6F Dahua Night.jpg

Camera 6F Hikivision Night.jpg

Last edited:

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow Really really cool you can even see all the way between the trees in the back the cars parked Absolutely Amazing !!

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
When you have a moment can you post a video clip of both day and night specially with people walking and cars driving by.. Thank you !

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow Really really cool you can even see all the way between the trees in the back the cars parked Absolutely Amazing !!
Yes, a couple of those vehicles park on the right down the street are the same ones in both pictures. I am liking this camera more and more. :)

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Bottom is the best picture from what I can see as it has all the picture in focus where the top one only part of the picture is in focus. I am sure though that you could get that picture better than you have it with some tweaking as it looks a little washed compared to the bottom one.

A night time video clip of moving traffic or people walking would be good as you have good street lighting where it is pointed.