Dahua 4MP Dome Audio Jittery.. (IPC-HDBW4421R-AS)

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the 4MP Dahua dome camera IPC-HDBW4421R-AS

I have the audio on, I am using my own RCA MIC powered by 12v separately, before I continue, mind you I used this same exact MIC on my analog camera setup with no issues just last week.

I have enabled the audio and I've tried all 3 different encoding profiles for the audio, switched all the settings to find a fix.
The issue is that listening to the audio live on my 16ch NVR, the audio is jittery, it cuts in and out very quickly, it doesn't appear that you would miss anything in a conversation (I have to try it) But it could possibly result in missing something important. It happens kind of randomly, Sometimes it has zero jitters for 15 seconds, and then it has jitters for 5 seconds and then clear, or 15 seconds straight of jitters. It's on the live listen and also on my recordings. I have turned the live listen audio off and tried to see if it would fix it during the recordings, it still has the jittery sound.

The MIC setup is the exact same that worked for months before, the only change is that it's now hooked up to an IP Camera. I have my NVR and POE Switch plugged directly into my router, it is a Linksys E4200 Gigabit router. It doesn't really make any sense to me. This is quite important for me to have clear audio, I will test tomorrow and see how it does during a conversation.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@badmop, if the camera has a noise reduction feature in the firmware, try disabling it.

Last edited by a moderator:

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@fenderman
I did that already :(
I thought 100% that would have been the fix, very odd. I think I have some other issue, my cameras will drop out randomly at times, in the last day it's only been 1 camera out of 4 but it shouldn't be happening.

On my NVR, I have 16ch total, Dahua NVR 4216 when you split the screen with only 4 cameras on screen it pulls the main stream, but if you split it with any other ways, 8 cams, 9 cams, 16 cameras on screen it displays the substream. When you click on a camera to make it 1 camera full screen it goes to main stream. Sometimes when you click on a camera to bring it full screen on the NVR it will just be black, but if you go back to 9 channel split screen the image is just fine (substream) If you wait about 2 minutes and make the camera full screen again it (main stream) it will come right in. Sometimes the cameras will freeze for about 2 minutes. (Only about 3 times in 24 hours?)

Very odd, not too reliable for me though. I have the POE switch plugged directly into my router and my NVR directly into my router. The first 2 days I had it plugged into a switch, I thought that may have been the issue, so plugged it directly into the router 2 days ago and still having the issues, not as frequent it seems. I am confused, doesn't make much sense to me why it's having issues. I have a HTPC setup with ROKU/PLEX and no issues.

NVR Settings:
MAIN

Camera RES: 1920x1080
FPS: 15
VBR (I had CBR for a couple days)
Quality: 6 (I've been down to 3 with issues)
Bit Rate: 1792Kb/s (I've had it at 2048 and even 4096)

SUBSTREAM
704x480
FPS: 15
VBR
Quality: 3
Bit Rate: 192

Last edited by a moderator: