Dahua 4MP IP Camera setting look poor

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I followed these settings and its just black. What am I doing wrong?????
wittaj also stated "Then at night, if it is too dark, then start adding ms to the time. Go to 10ms, 12ms, etc. until you find what you feel is acceptable as an image".

Assuming that it's 19:38 hrs at night as the image overlay indicates, did you try that?

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
wittaj also stated "Then at night, if it is too dark, then start adding ms to the time. Go to 10ms, 12ms, etc. until you find what you feel is acceptable as an image".

Assuming that it's 19:38 hrs at night as the image overlay indicates, did you try that?
thanks, i had to go up to 100 to get it sort of normal

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
100ms is WAY TOO HIGH. Go no more than 33ms.

What is the IR light set to? Change it to manual and 100

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
100ms is WAY TOO HIGH. Go no more than 33ms.

What is the IR light set to? Change it to manual and 100
I set it to 33ms, the picture is too dark, it just flys around if a car moves through it. On full auto it has more chance of tracking perfectly. Your settings don't work on this ptz.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I set it to 33ms, the picture is too dark, it just flys around if a car moves through it. On full auto it has more chance of tracking perfectly. Your settings don't work on this ptz.
Um, mine is at 14ms at night and I have ZERO street lights and works just fine:

1690888864234.png

Most here do not have their PTZs on auto...

Then you must not have the IR set correctly or something else - did you make infrared manual and 100 as I suggested?

If you have it at 100ms, that means you have a 1/10 shutter, which is way too slow to freeze frame for motion. Please provide a snapshot of a moving car - it is a blur?

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Um, mine is at 14ms at night and I have ZERO street lights and works just fine:

View attachment 169048

Most here do not have their PTZs on auto...

Then you must not have the IR set correctly or something else - did you make infrared manual and 100 as I suggested?

If you have it at 100ms, that means you have a 1/10 shutter, which is way too slow to freeze frame for motion. Please provide a snapshot of a moving car - it is a blur?
Car is a blur/ghosting on your settings and camera wont even track it.

My IR only has these settings on manual

1690889219064.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have mine set to track vehicles so it is not optimized for vehicles, but here is a freeze frame of a truck as it goes thru the field of view of the PTZ at 1am:

Duke.jpg

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same, maybe mine is a dudd? Ive mirrored your settings and its too dark and won't track. If i put it in full auto it will sometimes track and i can see a lighter picture

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post screenshots of all your settings. I know there is one, I think EIC or something like that that will turn off the infrared or keep the filter in place and make it really dark.

At night, are you able to see the red infrared glow if you look right at the camera?