Dahua 4MP w/IR Cannon Before.. After

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Unlike your Dahua-only hardware list, I am not actually fond of any particular brand (I was with Hikvision a few years ago), I just go for the best hardware so I have mix of equipment and I said it before I only wish Huisun or Longse had as sophisticated firmware as Hikvision/Dahua, but I would take night image quality over firmware quality/features any day. Every time I look at those awesome night captures from my cams (without needing any overly expensive IR light) I forget all other features they may lack which I am not even ever need. It looks like you are ok to waste $60 on an IR light, so why not just buy one Huisun and prove us that it's junk?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
omg $60 on a LED lighting fixture, oah the humanity.. oops just ordered another one.

Ive lost flashlights that cost more than this, oh well.. it performs great and I was not going to install a visible lighting fixture over here, nor a longse, nor a darkfighter or starlight.

nothing wrong with sticking with a good brand and keeping it the same, dont end up with unexpected problems like updating an android app and having it lock your camera out of the NVR.. it maintains feature parity.. mix and match cluster fucks are not my style.. I'm not writing code to make my software work with a dozen vendors all with there own way of doing things.

As soon as you find me a API document I may find a use for a Huisun, but I think its too slow from what I've seen.. by the time it gets to the activity it'll be done and over with.. I'd love a backup LPR camera, but wait.. It'd cost me $1k in licensing to use it w/OpenALPR because of the codec limitations.. well shit.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Cant you see its crazy active as usual? Just pointing out the obvious. Toy cams and should be consider as such.
Obvious is that... winter is coming... anyway will go play with my toy cams.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Obvious is that... winter is coming... anyway will go play with my toy cams.
Good play away...who knows, maybe the new poe will start killing huisun cameras in the cold weather...its a waiting game now...but no worries, "Jack" will devise a new "solution"...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Good play away...who knows, maybe the new poe will start killing huisun cameras in the cold weather...its a waiting game now...but no worries, "Jack" will devise a new "solution"...
That won't work, but I hear rumors that if you take a voodoo doll, put the Huisun cam in it and then throw it in the microwave then it's 100% guranteed to destory all our cams.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That won't work, but I hear rumors that if you take a voodoo doll, put the Huisun cam in it and then throw it in the microwave then it's 100% guranteed to destory all our cams.
No worries, "Jack" can fix it.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
No worries, "Jack" can fix it.
Oops, now I am starting to worry I shared this little secret with you, hopefully you don't actually go and buy Huisun cam and a voodoo doll.... because you know it WILL destroy all our cams.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Oops, now I am starting to worry I shared this little secret with you, hopefully you don't actually go and buy Huisun cam and a voodoo doll.... because you know it WILL destroy all our cams.
Nah, time will.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Dunno why I have not done this sooner..
you almost hurt my feeling, but you've been on my ignore list before, although it's a useless feature as you can still see replies

riceandbeans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can we please refrain from having every thread in this forum degrade into a war between cam models? Honestly, a) it's incredibly childish, b) it wastes a ton of my time when I'm looking for information, and c) quite frankly, it's a shame that so much good knowledge and experience is mired in this senseless bickering.

I think Nayr, Fenderman, and Klasipca all have excellent knowledge and skill to bring to the table and I would sincerely appreciate it if we could just focus on the experimentation and curiosity that make this forum fun and great. Thank you for your consideration in this manner.
@nayr - thank you for taking the time to put up this thread, very helpful and informative.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can we please refrain from having every thread in this forum degrade into a war between cam models? Honestly, a) it's incredibly childish, b) it wastes a ton of my time when I'm looking for information, and c) quite frankly, it's a shame that so much good knowledge and experience is mired in this senseless bickering.

I think Nayr, Fenderman, and Klasipca all have excellent knowledge and skill to bring to the table and I would sincerely appreciate it if we could just focus on the experimentation and curiosity that make this forum fun and great. Thank you for your consideration in this manner.
@nayr - thank you for taking the time to put up this thread, very helpful and informative.
You can simply ignore the threads/post. Quite frankly it amazes me when folks are so easily bothered...if these posts waste a "ton" of your time, then you are reading way to slowly. Part of the user experience on a user forum is the passionate exchange of ideas.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
if we could just focus on the experimentation and curiosity that make this forum fun and great.
Well you have been long enough here so you can tell by now which members bring just that and filter everything else which meant for new members.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
redux, my 3rd one of these arrived.. this one is my 12mm and I am about 40ish feet away from the camera.

think of what CSI could do with a reflection like that, probably tell my blood type.

*note* onboard IR is disabled so reflectors dont flare, first shot is all visible lighting.

Attachments

riceandbeans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Heads up Ive got some focused 940nm equipment en route for experimentation for anpr purposes, goal is invisible / black box. Will share results