Dahua 5216, trying to add hikvision ds-2cd2135 Camera

Ronen98

n3wb
Reaction score
In manufacturer I have put Onvif then the ip of the camera username and password,
But it did not work.
On dahua website I have found an article that said to enable onvif in the web management of the camera and integration protocol to digest/basic.
But I could not find it.

Does anyone know how to enable this camera on Dahua 5216.
Thanks Ronen

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
On dahua website I have found an article that said to enable onvif in the web management of the camera and integration protocol to digest/basic.
But I could not find it.
This varies with the firmware version of the camera.
This is where you find it under version 5.5.4
upload_2018-12-6_19-23-19.png

Ronen98

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I have version 5.4.52
this camera is from china with English
The seller on ebay wrote that this version can not be upgraded.
I think I will try to sell them and move to dahua cameras.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I use a 4mp chinese market Hikvision camera with a 5216 via onvif. The camera firmware version is 5.4.20. The Integration Protocol screen shown a couple of posts above doesn't exist and I can't find anywhere to enable or disable onvif on the camera's GUI. It just works (video only, no motion detect). Is the nvr getting logged into the camera ok (green status on the 5216's Registration screen)? I've had problems getting past that obstacle sometimes. All that aside, I sold all of my Hikvision cameras except for this one cheapie. (It's been relegated to the inside of the chicken coop). I've had much better luck with Dahuas. YMMV of course.

Ronen98

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok I have managed to connect all my hikvision cameras using onvif but moition detection on screen looks like working but on the timeline you see all day recording.

Last edited: