Dahua 5442 varifocal Turret repair...

Reaction score
I have a 5442 that started cutting in and out on BI. I unplugged it, then plugged in again, and not long after that it quit for good. One of the connectors on the camera ethernet plug corroded away-- it's GONE, and the plug is shot. SO, I am going to splice a keystone jack onto the wires in that short length of cable from the cam. Now the fun part--- there are only 6 wires...

1719876947235.png

Can I match these colors up to the wiring diagram on the keystones I am using.... and do I use A or B wiring??

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
I could send you one intact pigtail from a donor 5442 turrets i have here in a bin. $5 bucks

that looks like a turret, not a bullet?

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
I could send you one intact pigtail from a donor 5442 turrets i have here in a bin. $5 bucks

that looks like a turret, not a bullet?
Scratch that idea, I dont have any 5442 donors. only 5431 2241's. and they are different wires in the pigtail. I belive the camera only uses 4 wires of the 6, so 2 of those wires get paired. but dont quote me. There is a pinout diagram floating around here somewhere.

Reaction score
Damn it..... Seek and yee shall find... Apparently sometimes I act like I just arrived on this forum.. :p :rofl:

1719879267636.png

EDIT:

Keystone is on and working with the A wiring...

1719880150432.png

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I see this was answered while I was typing, I'll post it anyway in an attempt to explain why the 2 missing wires don't matter.

I have a guess that seems logical.

The green and orange pairs are there for data and power if using mode A POE or external 12 volt power The blue and brown wires would additionally be used with mode B POE. Mode B power is delivered on both wires in a pair, and Dahua must have decided that the power draw of the camera can be handled with only one wire. So I'd just hook up the wires as colored to the keystone, ignoring the absence of blu/wht and brn/wht. The wild card is that I don't know if Dahua wires the connector to 568A or 568B. There's a chance it works either way, and a chance it has to be the right way. Realize that my assumptions are risking your camera.

Reaction score
I see this was answered while I was typing, I'll post it anyway in an attempt to explain why the 2 missing wires don't matter.

I have a guess that seems logical.

The green and orange pairs are there for data and power if using mode A POE or external 12 volt power The blue and brown wires would additionally be used with mode B POE. Mode B power is delivered on both wires in a pair, and Dahua must have decided that the power draw of the camera can be handled with only one wire. So I'd just hook up the wires as colored to the keystone, ignoring the absence of blu/wht and brn/wht. The wild card is that I don't know if Dahua wires the connector to 568A or 568B. There's a chance it works either way, and a chance it has to be the right way. Realize that my assumptions are risking your camera.
and the Correct answer is A. :)

It's working again... now to mount it PROPERLY. I had it "temporarily" mounted for 2 years. Bad idea, but other crap had me busy and that always got dropped farther down the to-do list. I mean-- hell-- it was working fine right?