dahua alarm input triggering blue iris alerts

ronan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been able to successfully do this with hikvision cams by basically following this guide: http://www.petermcannell.com/using-ip-camera-based-pir-sensor-within-blueiris/

However in my case i'm using beam sensors - but its still all good.

I picked up a DH-IPC-HDBW4421R-AS 3.6mm dome (for the extra resolution), and wired it up the same as the hik. Tried playing with every combination on the cameras alarm settings page, and the various Blue Iris camera settings (had PTZ control with dahua h264 enabled, trigger using the cameras digital input or motion, however in network IP camera configuration it was configured as generic RTSP).

I briefly had it working by having a second hikvision camera in this location which would re-trigger this camera for me. However the wireless radio (ubiquity NSM5 with secondary ethernet port) does not get good enough signal at this location, and I dont really want to install a switch and waste a camera to do this.

I haven't seen mention of any webpage to interrogate the alarm status like you can with the hik.

I thought since BI recently added ONVIF support this may have worked through some auto-configuration?

But i'm obviously missing something...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been able to successfully do this with hikvision cams by basically following this guide: http://www.petermcannell.com/using-ip-camera-based-pir-sensor-within-blueiris/

However in my case i'm using beam sensors - but its still all good.

I picked up a DH-IPC-HDBW4421R-AS 3.6mm dome (for the extra resolution), and wired it up the same as the hik. Tried playing with every combination on the cameras alarm settings page, and the various Blue Iris camera settings (had PTZ control with dahua h264 enabled, trigger using the cameras digital input or motion, however in network IP camera configuration it was configured as generic RTSP).

I briefly had it working by having a second hikvision camera in this location which would re-trigger this camera for me. However the wireless radio (ubiquity NSM5 with secondary ethernet port) does not get good enough signal at this location, and I dont really want to install a switch and waste a camera to do this.

I haven't seen mention of any webpage to interrogate the alarm status like you can with the hik.

I thought since BI recently added ONVIF support this may have worked through some auto-configuration?

But i'm obviously missing something...
You dont need to use that guide anymore. Simply use the inspect/find butting and the camera will be configured as onvif...in the motion tab select use cameras motion detection.